• Ch 34

Hyunji stretched a little before she opened her eyes

What she wasn't expecting to see, was renjun.
Literally.
She wasn't expecting to see his face right when she woke up.

He looked down. "Oh. You're awake." He said to her as he took his glasses off.
She slowly sat up.
What the fuck what the fuck what the fuck—

"You kinda fell asleep uh... I hope you don't mind that uh, I placed you down..? I didn't wanna wake you up by moving you a lot." He said to her as he scratched his nape.
She turned her body straight so she was facing the tv before she looked at him.
"Oh, well thank you." She chuckled. "Hopefully your legs aren't sore or anything..."

He shook his head. "Nah you're good. Besides you're not even that heavy." He thought about it. "Well your head anyways—"
"Hey!" She said to him.
He chuckled. "I'm watching the rookies. Wanna watch?" He asked her.

She looked at the tv. "What season are you on?"
"Season 5." He said.
"Woah—that was fast. I swore we were talking about the start of season 4 just the other day—"
"Well what can I say. This is what happens when I binge watch a show that's really good." He chuckled.

"Alright alright, play the show." She said as she pulled her knees up to get comfortable as he un paused the show.

•••

About an hour passed before Hyunji got up.
"I'm gonna run to the convenient store. I need snacks to eat." She said to him.
"It's so late though?" Renjun said as he paused the show and looked at her as she was by the door.

"It's not that late, it's only..." she looked at her phone. "11."
"Exactly." He raised an brow. "Want me to at least come with you?"
"You cant leave Insu alone." She chuckled. "Don't worry I'll be quick I mean, it's just around the corner or so." She said as she put her shoes on and her jacket.

"Do you want anything?"
He shook his head. "Make sure to text or call if you feel like something is wrong."
"Yes father." She laughed as she opened the door.

"What did you just say—"
Before she could hear renjun finish whatever he was gonna say, she shut the door with a chuckle.

She pulled her hood on her head as she felt the night cold breeze hit.
She walked down the street as she looked at the sky with the stars.
"How pretty..." she said to herself.

It took her about 5 minutes to get to the convenient store.
She went to the chip isle, candy isle, and drink isle.

As she went to pay for them, the guy behind the counter smiled. "Just this tonight?"
She nodded her head.
He hummed before telling her the price.

She pulled out her wallet and paid for her items before taking the bag and walking out of the convenient store.
As she was walking back, she felt like something was off, but didn't think much.