• Ch 42

That whole night, renjun and Hyunji were just talking

Catching up with what renjun has been doing and with what's been going on with school.

That night felt like a dream to Hyunji honestly.
Waking up to her friends and family when just yesterday she was in literal hell? It felt too un real.

Currently, it was the next day.
Renjun had gone back home last night because well, he did have a child to care for.
Donghyuck had stayed at the hospital.
He told his parents to go home and take a good rest as he had things under control here.

He also hadn't seen or hear any news of Siwoo as he was too focused on Hyunji.

"Ji, you gotta try this. It's actually so good." Donghyuck said as he has this slice of fruit cake.
"I'm okay." She said with a chuckle when she saw how much he liked it. "Just enjoy it." She said with a smile before remembering someone.

"Do you know how Siwoo is doing?"
"Siwoo? Oh! That boy?" Donghyuck thought about it. "I actually forgot about him."
Hyunji looked at Donghyuck before nodding.
That's when she got up from her bed.

"Woah what?—"
"I just wanna see him. Just... I just wanna know if he's okay." She said to him.
Donghyuck looked at his sister, and understood that she was being genuine.

He sighed before helping her up.
"Wait though. I need to let your nurse know." He said before stepping out the room.
A minute or so passed before he came back in.
"Alright, come on." He said as he guided her out the door.

"Hyuck, I can walk by myself you know." She chuckled as he had his arm around her arm.
"Maybe you can. But I'm still gonna help you." He said with a shrug as they made their way to Siwoo's room.

"Here we are."
He knocked on the door before opening it.
Donghyuck was first so when Siwoo saw him, he turned his head away.
Dominick shook his head. "Little man, I brought someone who wanted to see you." Donghyuck said as he opened the door wider.

Siwoo looked at him confused, but that's when he saw Hyunji.
"Noona!" He was gonna get off his bed, but Hyunji stopped him.

"I'll come to you." She said with a smile as she walked over to the bed.
She then gave him a hug.
A warm, gentle hug that made Siwoo emotional.

When they let each other go, she saw tears falling down his eyes.

That was Donghyuck's cue to leave the room and give them some privacy.
He sat down on a chair outside the room.

A few minutes passed, and they were still talking.
"What are you doing here? Where's Hyunji?"

Donghyuck looked up and saw renjun standing in front of him.
"Oh hey. What are you doing here?" He asked.
That's when renjun pointed behind him, and that's when Donghyuck finally saw.

"Oh hey!" Donghyuck said with a smile as he gave him a hug.
When Donghyuck leg him go, he asked renjun something.
"Baba, you say I see jiji. Where she?" Insu pulled on his finger.