• Ch 28

Renjun's heart almost dropped to his feet when he saw her move

He quickly straightened himself before looking away, his ears bright red, hoping she wouldn't notice.

That's when Hyunji opened her eyes slowly.
"Oh," she rubbed her eyes before yawning.
"Didn't know you were here." She said with a stretch before looking at him. "When did you get there?"

"Just now." He lied to her. "Was about to wake you up, but you beat me to it."
She then looked around herself. "You bring bubs to his room?" She said softly as she was still tired.
Renjun nodded his head.

She hummed before doing another stretch. "Alrighty then." She slowly got up. "Oh. Ugh I need to tell Hyuck to come get me." She sat back down before grabbing her phone and texting Donghyuck to come.

Renjun watched as she laughed at whatever Donghyuck had sent back to her, but he quickly looked away when she turned her phone off.
"Well, he said he'll be here soon... I mean we don't live that far from each other actually. I just realized." She said to him as she thought about it.

"I could walk home."
"No." Renjun said to her, which surprised her.
"...No...?"
"It's late out. Who knows how many creeps are out there right now." He said to her.
She nodded. "Yea you're right. I'm also lazy right now anyways." She said with a yawn. "You should like, just wake me up when Hyuck gets here." She put her head on the couch before closing her eyes.

"You're that tired today?"
She hummed. "Girly has been through alot you know. Especially this morning. Ugh I really hate them." She said as she was referring to Linna and her group.

"Don't worry. We all do to." He said as he leaned his head on his hand as his elbow was placed on the couch arm.
"I'd hope so." She chuckled.

That's when she heard the noise outside.
"Is it... raining..?" She questioned as she lifted her head to look outside.
"Hmm?" He looked out the window. "Oh. I guess it just started."

She nodded before looking at her hands and closing her eyes. "Okay..." she mumbled to herself.
Renjun looked at her funny. "You okay?" He asked.
She hummed, not really giving him an answer.
That's when they heard a honk, but that scared the life out of her as she jumped a bit.

Renjun noticed her behavior.
"Oh I think that's Donghyuck." She said with a chuckle before getting up. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow." She said with a wave before leaving the house as she gathered her things.

She got in the car and Donghyuck looked at her. "You okay?"
She shrugged. "There's no thunder yet... so I'm fine." She said to him.
He nodded. "Let's hope it won't thunder at all."

•••

As her and Donghyuck were on their way to school, she was looking out the window.
Today was gloomy from the rain last night.
Even right now it's still sprinkling.