• Ch 8

"Bubs, come and eat your food please

"Bubs, come and eat your food please." Hyunji said as she placed the plate on the table.
She had started calling him that since it was cute, and Insu didn't mind at all.
Well I mean... He's only 4 so he whatever she called him was A okay to him.

"I'm no hungry."
"But you didn't eat anything yet, you have to at least eat a little bit okay?" She said to him with a smile before lifting him up on the chair.

"Do have too?"
"Would you like me to feed you instead then." She said to him as she sat down next to him.
"Yes please!" He clapped his hands.

Currently she was at Renjun's house watching Insu after they got off from school. It was currently 5pm and she had just cooked some dinner for her and Insu... and maybe even a bit for Renjun when he gets back from work because she'd feel bad if she didn't.

"Hey, Jiji Nona," Insu started before Hyunji fed him the food.
"Wassup bubs?"
"When I go to the care after baba drop off me, I see many mommy's there." He said as he looked at his fingers. "Is, jiji Nona my mommy?"

Hyunji wasn't expecting that kind of question as she didn't know about his own situation with his own parents. "Uh, sorry bubs but I'm not your mom." She said as she patted his head. "I'm just your sitter who takes care of you when your baba is at work."

That's when Insu sighed. "So you no my mommy... then, who is? How come Insu don't have mommy?"
Hyunji looked at him with a sad look on his face. She really didn't know what to say.

"You have one... she's just... she's just not here yet." Hyunji said. "Don't worry okay? Besides, having your baba is enough right?"
He shrugged, and Hyunji just looked at him with an sympathetic look.

Why would a 4 year old be so worried about a mother right now though... I feel bad for him...

"Come on bubs don't be sulky. After we finish eating dinner how about we go find a nice little movie to watch together? Doesn't that sound fun?"
That's when she finally saw him smile. "Yes yes! Oh—but can I pick movie?"
"Of course you can, now saw ah."

•••

Renjun opened the door with a sigh.

Holy fuck I am tired.

As he entered the house, the sight he saw wasn't what he expected.
He slowly closed the door so it wouldn't be too loud before taking off his shoes and hanging his jacket.

Now this. This is not what I thought I would walk into.

He looked at the couch to see Hyunji and Insu sleeping with a blanket covering them—well mostly Insu.
Insu had his head on Hyunji's lap, while her head was resting on the back of the couch, a hand around Insu like she was making sure he wouldn't fall off.

Renjun chuckled before slowly and gently lifting Insu up into his arms.
He opened his eyes a little bit.
"Baba home?" He said quietly as he was half awake half asleep.
"I'm home." Renjun said softly as he made it to Insu's room and placed him on his bed before tucking him in and closing the door.