• Ch 39

"You're a coward

"You're a coward. Just a coward." Hyunji said to him.
"Am I really? I mean, I have you tied up. I don't think you can say anything to me little doll." He said as he placed the knife on her cheek, his other hand having a stick.

"You just explained why you're a coward." She said. "You have me tied up. Why tie me up if you weren't one?"
She let out a yell when her torso was hit with the stick.

"Now don't talk back. And don't complain. Weren't you the one who said you'd take it instead of Byeol?" He said as he circled around her. "It's only been a week. A week and you guys somehow got so close. I guess that's a good thing you know? Because now, I finally found a weakness." He smirked. "And surprisingly, and... well," he hummed. "Expectedly. you always say you'll take the hits for Byeol." He chuckled.

She looked at him with so much hatred. "Fuck you and your small dick." She spat at him.

•••

A week ago*

It was the next day, and Joowon threw her in the room with Byeol again.
He said he was still fixing her room.

Which was weird because when she went back last night, her room looked the same.

Hyunji stood up as she was thrown on the ground, before looking a Byeol.
She did an awkward chuckle. "Nice to see you again." She waved.
Byeol looked at her as she was still in her corner with her knees to her chest.

"Why'd you say that." She said softly.
Hyunji tilted her head. "What?"
"You... yesterday when you left..."
Hyunji thought about it, and it finally clicked to her.

"Byeol," Hyunji started softly as she was now sitting on the bed, but just on the outside corner, making sure she wasn't invading byeols space.
"You're just a little girl... whatever's been done to you, you didn't deserve it and you don't deserve it." She said. "Joowon and everyone else here are the bad people... and I'm sorry for what they've done. But now that I'm here, I won't let them hurt you anymore." She smiled.

"Not... not everyone is bad..." Byeol said. "Siwoo oppa is a good person... he... he just... he can't disobey them..."
Hyunji nodded her head. "I know, don't worry." She smiled.

They were quiet for a while until Hyunji broke the silence. "Are you and little Siwoo close?"
She looked at her weirdly. "Little...?"
"Well yea. You're both little." Hyunji chuckled.
"Yea... siwoo oppa was here before me so..."

Just that one sentence made Hyunji go quiet again.
He was here longer than Byeol...
Just what did these little kids go through at such a young age?

She shook her head, not wanting to talk about such sad stuff.
She looked at Byeol before talking about other things.
More brighter things.

That's how that whole week went by.
She didn't know why, but Joowon would keep making her stay in Byeol's room until he dragged her out.