ꗃ ⋆ ࣪ . skz realizing they love you

warning; best friend!skz loves u, descriptions of blood n scrapes n shit, stress lol, stray cats (not kids haha), insecurities, breakups, tearssss

you are in love - taylor swift
2:07 ─────❍───── 2:19
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

꒰ఎ ໒꒱

✦ 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐫

"hey, where's jeongin?" you question him as you walk into the recording room, immediately noticing everyone there but the youngest. felix turns his head and waves to you from inside the booth.

changbin shakes his head. "he said he'd be here in a minute, but maybe he's just in the bathroom."

"i was about to go check on him," chris mentions, standing up.

"could i go see him?" you suggest.

the guys all look at one another, then at chris, who sits down and says, "go for it."

you set down your stuff before exiting the room on the search for jeongin. you know he's most likely in one of the practice rooms, so you head to the one they're usually in.

"innie?" you mumble, slipping in the room but forgetting to close the door.

he's sitting on the floor in a corner, head whipping up at the sound of your voice. "oh, hi [name]. when did you— when did you get here?"

you can tell in his voice that he's upset, so you walk over and take a seat next to him against the wall. "what's wrong? felix is recording last time i checked."

"um, really?" he murmurs, before looking back at his knees in front of him. "i'm fine, just too lazy to get up."

the second he looks at you, you give him the mom look, one raised eyebrow. "you don't have to tell me, i'll just make up an excuse for the guys if you don't want to talk about it."

jeongin takes in what you say, before deciding to share: "i'm just not feeling it today. today's just been so stressful for some reason and i don't know—" he stops himself when he feels his voice about to break.

you look at him sympathetically. "that's alright, you know. we all have bad days, that doesn't mean you have to bottle it up and keep it to yourself. chris was just about to come check on you before i volunteered."

"really?" he asks.

you nod, giving him a hopeful smile. "really. you can talk about it with me if you want, so you can maybe go back without being on edge."

he shakes his head in response. "nah, i'm good. thank you for this, [name]."

"it's nothing," you smirk. "you feel up to recording?"

the blonde chuckles. "not like i have a choice, but i feel a little better now."

you stand up and give him your hand, hoisting him up after you.

the two of you walk back to the recording room, and you knock before opening the door. a habit of yours.

"i have returned the maknae to you all," you announce, opening the door for him to shyly walk through.

"hey man! what took you so long?" jisung says lightheartedly.

jeongin looks at you for an answer, which you give. "he was just a bit dizzy, so i gave him tips on how to help it!"

he almost sighs in relief. "yeah, but i feel better now!"

the men welcome him back and chris pulls you down when they're distracted. "thank you."