ꗃ ⋆ ࣪ . i have to pee » fluff

warning; non idol!au, they're babysitting for nayeon and chris is a cutie patootie, if anyone slanders this kid for being a kid i will ki(ll)d you

heart to heart - mac demarco
1:12 ────❍────── 2:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

꒰ఎ ໒꒱

your relaxing bath filled with roses and candles, a seduction for yourself, is interrupted when the annoying ringtone of your phone sets off, making you jump. with a groan, you pick it up and hold it up to your ear.

"hello, my precious cousin, what's up?"

"hey, how are you?" nayeon's voice chirps through the speaker.

"i was taking an amazing bath before you called, but how about you?" you say.

"sorry, but this is really important." you wait intently for her to continue. "could you please watch luna for me? i'm going out of town with the mister for a little vacation in a week, just spending the night at a hotel."

you mumble as you check your calendar, holding back a whine when you see you have no plans on said day.

"alright, i can do that," you tell her, smiling when you hear her squeal in excitement.

"thank you so much, [name]! you have no idea how much i need this."

sighing, you can't help but feel happy for your cousin. being a mom is difficult, and you can't imagine being one anytime soon.

but there was no way you were going to be doing this alone.

‎ ʚ♡⃛ɞ

"you are my savior."

"nope! just a friend, that's all."

"i don't think you understand, chris. you lean close to his ear and whisper, "i don't know how to interact with kids."

chris stops the grocery cart to give you a look of disbelief. "you are such a liar. i've seen you with luna before, haven't i?"

you slowly shake your head, replicating his straight line smile.

he sighs. "that's why i'm here, huh?"

"that, and we've been really busy, right?" you say, snatching a bag of gummy worms from off one of the shelves. "i feel like i haven't been getting my chris time lately."

"your chris time?" chris questions, a giggle following.

"yes. i need it to survive."

you don't mean that, chris tells himself. you'd be just fine without him.

"i've missed you, too," he admits.

"hey, don't go that far." you both start laughing and head to the checkout.

‎ ʚ♡⃛ɞ

"hey bestie!" nayeon exclaims as you rush toward her, enveloping her in a hug. "it's been too long!"

"it's great to see you!" you say, looking at both her and her husband.

she opens the car door and takes out a couple bags, you assume containing toys and such.

"are you ready?" her husband coos at the child clinging to his legs.