ꗃ ⋆ ࣪ . they may be roommates » fluff

warning; college!au, sick changbin realizes he's in loOoOOOove, you take care of him, etc.

animal - neon trees
0:40 ──❍──────── 2:51
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

꒰ఎ ໒꒱

"oi! why are you leaving?"

you turned back to him, hand still on his door. "i forgot a mask."

"we're around each other all the time. it's not like it matters," changbin protested.

finally, you rolled your eyes and walked back towards him. "fine. do you want something to eat?"

you could've sworn his eyes lit up, literally. "steak."

"how about takeout?" you quickly tried to redirect him, and it appears to have worked.

"you'd do that?" he asked.

"of course i would," you reassured him. "now, what does your little heart desire?"

"you are so lucky im sick right now," he threatens, following a cough. you simply giggle at his attempt at being intimidating in such a pitiful state.

"i hear mcdonald's calling your name," you suggest. changbin excitedly nods. this causes you to smile and walk back to the entrance of his room. "i'll be back in a bit. don't move!"

not like he could. changbin was so dizzy he felt like he'd immediately go limp if he tried standing.

‎ ʚ♡⃛ɞ

changbin had only gotten worse, but he couldn't resist sitting up as soon as he heard the door to your shared dorm open and then close. next thing he knew, you had delicately entered the room with a smile.

"hey bud, how are you doing?" you ask tenderly, walking over to him with two happy meals and two milkshakes, one for each of you.

"my head is killing me," he rasped.

you pursed your lips together as you set the food down on his bed's side table. "eat up, i'll go get you some more ibuprofen."

"you don't have to," he assures you, but to no avail as you started leaving the room nonetheless.

"nonsense," you object, "i want to do this for you."

once your lazily dressed figure left the room, changbin released a breath he had no idea he was holding. he felt like he needed you to take care of him forever. it was what he wanted most right now.

he shrugged these thoughts off once you entered his space again, this time holding a bottle of ibuprofen and a gentle look. you stepped over to the side of his bed, as changbin watched your every move.

"here you go," you say. "tell me if you need anything."

changbin felt his heart tug seeing you begin to exit. "i need you to stay." he immediately face palmed himself in his head.

though as you turned around you wanted to cry at how genuine he was, you simply grinned at him. "i can do that, let me go get a chair-"

"you can just sit on my bed, you know."

suddenly, your heart was the one feeling funky. it must've sped up a ton for it to feel so prominent against your rib cage. but alas, you maintained your composure as you climbed onto the opposite side of changbin's bed, snuggling under the warm covers.