ꗃ ⋆ ࣪ . not rejected? » fluff

warning; ur friends are teasing you abt your newfound love for your best friend hyunjin, but he overhears aaaa confession, he's in love with u

we find love - daniel caesar
0:42 ─❍───────── 3:32
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

꒰ఎ ໒꒱

"you guys suck!" you whined at your friends.

"i'm telling you, he's in love with you," chaeyoung teases you, poking at your shoulder while jihyo leans on the other.

"he'd never!" you protested. though, you badly wanted their words to come true. "i bet he sees me as a sister or some shit like that."

"girl, you aren't seeing what we're seeing," dahyun fussed.

"you're only shipping us because i admitted to liking him," you said bluntly as you stole the popcorn from chaeyoung.

"didn't dahyun just mention last week about how he went out of his way to be sweet towards you, even though it technically inconvenienced him?" chaeyoung pointed out.

"yes, thank you!" dahyun threw her arms up. "he held that little umbrella not over both of you. just you, [name]. now that's a gentleman right there."

you couldn't help but scoff as you realized she had a point. sadly, your fear of rejection and losing him stood in the way of you recognizing his hardly platonic gestures as such.

"and how you said he offered you his new laptop to borrow so that you could finish an assignment on time, all because yours just had to die mid type?" jihyo said.

she has an excellent point.

rolling your eyes, you took a long sigh. "i doubt he'd ever like me back. we've been friends for so long, and he's so talented."

"in the kindest way possible, this is exactly why your love life is nonexistent," dahyun says calmly. "you think so negatively about yourself, you don't recognize obvious opportunities."

"if anyone is going to make it awkward, it'll be him," jihyo adds. "you remember how chill it was after you rejected seonghwa? fuck me if i'm wrong, but you two are bestest of friends now?"

all of these well made reasons were making your head hurt. too much mental math for a weekend.

"and what if i tell him and we don't end up like the seonghwa situation? i'll be throwing away one of the people i love and cherish the most," you contemplate.

chaeyoung starts making kissy faces at you, laughing once you lightly smack her arm. "as much as we'd love to sit here and continue to torment you, that online test won't do itself!"

ah yes, the exam. they three were in the same class and had an online assessment to complete by a certain time, and they had promised that they'd leave by then.

after you hug them all goodbye and help them gather their stuff, jihyo makes one last remark. "say hi to hyunjin for me! and give him a kiss on the cheek!"

with nothing to defend yourself with, you find yourself using the pathetic method of simply flipping the bird as they all drive away giggling. once the door is shut, you exhale at the sky. you felt like you could curse out every force of nature for forcing you to feel this way about your best friend.