ꗃ ⋆ ࣪ . take my challenge » angst

warning; verbal abuse, mentions of physical abuse, adoptive family issues, intentional humiliation, mention of using romance as a coping mechanism, lotsa crying, but chan is best bf ever

request by sungshinexxx i hope you like it hehe sorry it took a lil long

family line - conan gray
0:50 ──❍──────── 2:45
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

꒰ఎ ໒꒱

family. you always try to keep them at a distance, and you've been doing it since the second you packed up after graduation and moved out.

"you're not too excited, are you?"

but some skeletons can't stay in the closet forever.

you shrug, the reality of it all caving in on you as your childhood street name comes into view. you feel like you're quite literally driving yourself into impending doom.

"i'll be alright. who am i if i can't face my family long enough to introduce my boyfriend?"

he smiles and you don't want him to stop. it makes you forget for a second, before your eyes return to the road and pulling into the driveway.

contrary to popular belief, not all adoptive families are wonderful or altruistic. you're happy for those who were put into loving homes, though you couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. it sucks having relatives who have witnessed you go down in flames several times, sometimes by their own hands, and have not done anything about it.

it's shameful, though. no one wants to admit their family is trash, especially after being oh so graciously taken in by them in the first place. you know what you would faced, which are ridicules of how you should be grateful.

that's not the kind of pain you would ever inflict upon yourself. not after going all these years protecting yourself from it.

you feel terrible as you see that smile of chan's again. this time, you know it's because he's nervous and excited all at once, and that's why he's fidgeting as well. ruining his perception would just be cruel, but you know that you'll have to do it sooner than you would've liked.

"hi, sweetie!" you give a meaningless smile as your mother embraces you, and then you do the same with your father.

you clear your throat. "um, this is chan." you only manage to sound tolerate because you're talking about your boyfriend.

"we've heard a lot about you!" you almost give her a glare but hold yourself back, because chan doesn't know that you hardly even speak to your parents, much less report the daily phenomenons to them.

while chan is being friendly and sociable, you walk over to a certain portrait of you and your parents, but much younger. you frown as you look into the eyes of little you, who is so joyful. you haven't even been home for months, so it's all overwhelming.

"[name], come help me finish up dinner," your mother says. your heart stops for a second, but you agree and your dad takes chan out to the dining room.

you stand at your mom's side as she stirs the pot of pasta, drooling over the sight. though, her snappy words soon bring you out of it. "so, how long have you been hiding a whole man from us?"

you're frozen with fear, so stunned that it takes you a moment to respond. "you say it like i got married behind your back."

she waves the spoon way too close to your face. "watch your tone." what hurts the most is how unfamiliar she sounds. her tenor in no way shape or form indicates that of a mother to her child. "what number are you at? three? four? what number is chan in your count of boyfriends?"