SIX

ONIKA MARAJ

Bey and I were finally going out and I couldn't be more excited.

I got a check from my school and felt like I was big balling so I offered to take her out.

She said yes right away and I found a nice Italian restaurant for us to go to.

She was working at the bakery so I was going to meet here there and she was going to drive us to the restaurant after.

Before I could do that, I had to get ready. I had to do my makeup first because however I looked would help my pick what I was going to wear.

While I was in the bathroom, Gigi knocked on my door a couple times. "Come in." I put my concealer down so I could pay attention to her. "Where are you about to go?"

I could tell she was about to go out from the Neverfull Louis Vuitton bag around her arm. The rich parents thing reallyy makes sense now. She looked comfortable as always in a Nike sweatsuit and her messy curly hair that was usually silk pressed hidden under a fitted hat.

She rolled her eyes and took a long deep breath. "To go get my siblings from my grandmas house to take them to my moms. Rent is about to be due and they're still holding this check over my head."

I laughed, "Didn't you say fuck them and you weren't going to see her no matter what?"

Even though she was mad I got her to chuckle a little bit. "Shut up. My card declined at Starbucks so I knew it was time to give in. I had to ask my dad to Cashapp me and he did so I could still get my coffee before I went to class."

"What does your dad do?" I'm slowly learning more about her.

"Well he used to be a rapper like a really long time ago before we were born and he owns a couple businesses now."

"We? I'm older than you, youngin. Speak for yourself. Who is he?" Maybe I know him.

She made a 'yikes' face. "I'm definitely not telling you, no offense."

"Why not?" Should I be offended?

"I've basically been my dads dirty little secret for my whole life because of who he is. But for the very few people I've told about him, they always start acting weird and treating me differently."

"Different how?" The only thing I would do different is start making her pay for our Doordash instead of always doing it.

"Like asking me to put them on, randomly wanting to come over, needing money all of a sudden, stuff like that. It's been forever since I had a real friend, I just want to keep you separate from any shit that has to do with my parents."

The more personal information she tells me, the more sad I get.

"Okay, I respect that."

She leaned against the doorway and sized me up. "Your makeup looks good, where are you going?"

I looked at her and snorted. "Please cut all the gay shit out."

She rolled her eyes and smiled, I always make her and Bey do that. "I can't say you look good?"

She sounds like a nigga. "You know you mean it in a gay way."

"Maybe in a bisexual way. But you know I still have a tiny crush on you."

I mumbled, "I wouldn't call it tiny but sure."

She laughed and put her hand behind her ear, "Huh?!"

"Nothing. You're about to make me late, go get your siblings."