ELEVEN

ONIKA MARAJ

I had been at the hospital for about half an hour. They weren't telling me shit so I was waiting for Bey to get here.

Gigi talked about killing herself but this time she actually did it. Or tried to. I still don't know if she's alive or not, like I said they won't tell me shit.

I already hated hospital from shit with my mom but they were making it worse.

I called Bey as soon as I got to the hospital even though I should've called her way earlier, I was kind of in a state of shock.

Bey and I spent the past couple days together at her house because her kids were with her dad so I hadn't been to my apartment for a while. When I finally did go back, I saw her in her room and she wasn't responding to me. I eventually pulled her blanket back and saw blood everywhere.

I don't know what exactly she did but I hope I wasn't too late.

I was so happy to see Bey when she finally got to the hospital. It was late and she was definitely about to go to sleep before she got here judging from the sweatsuit she had on.

She came over to me and I stood up to give her a hug. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what? You didn't do anything." She carefully broke our hug and sat down.

I know I didn't directly do anything but I feel
like I definitely helped pushed her to the point where she felt like she tried to end her life.

"I guess." I sat down next to her and sighed. "Are you good?"

"I'm fine." She seemed... calm. "Have you spoken to any doctors?"

I rolled my eyes thinking about the dumbass doctors here. "They won't tell me anything because I'm not her family. You should probably go ask for an update since you're her mom."

"I'll be right back." She stood up and walked to the nurses desk.

I wasn't sure how I expected her to act when she got here but she's acting so nonchalant about this whole situation. I kind of feel like crying so I wish she would so I could cry with her.

But I don't think either of us really show our emotions outwardly. I'm not a crier but the way we're just casually talking like we're not at a hospital because Gigi tried to kill herself is strange to me. I feel like we should be in more distress.

When she got back, she sat down and got on her phone without saying anything to me.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What did they say?"

"She's... they're operating on her. They're doing what they can."

"So... you don't know-"

"Nope."

Damn. "Well fuck."

I put my hand on her knee to try to comfort her but she pushed it right off. My face immediately scrunched up from how aggressive that was.

Every time she's upset, she treats me so bad and just starts ignoring me. She's so cold. It's not even surprising anymore.

Her face softened and she put my hand back on her knee. "I'm sorry. It's just that my husband is on-"

I took my hand back and put it in my own lap."Husband?"

"Ex husband, you know what I meant."

Did I? "Okay." Either way, I wasn't going to get upset with her right now. There's a time and place for everything.

She sighed and ran her hand through her hair. "I'm sorry-"

"It's cool, I understand. You don't have to say anything. I'm not mad."