Chapter 2

Third POV

Shadow, Tails, Amy, Knuckles and Rouge impatiently sat outside the hospital room, fidgeting and tapping as they sat in silence. Amy broke the silence with a loud frustrated groan, snapping her head towards Shadow with her eyebrows furrowed and her fists clenched.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT SHADOW! IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU SONIC WOULDN'T BE IN THIS PLACE!"

Amy shrieked, pulling out her hammer and lunging at Shadow, getting held back by Knuckles mid swing. Shadow sat up, his fist and teeth clenched but staying in his spot.

"Amy this isn't anyone's fault, Sonic was the one that moved Shadow, he did it to himself!"

Tails tried to reason with Amy, making sure to stay out of reach of her hammer. Amy kept going back and forth between Shadow and Tails, Knuckles and Rouge slipping in the occasional word or two before a doctor came out of the room they were all surrounded by, a small smile plastered on her face.

"You may come in now, he's finally awake."

The doctor spoke, almost getting trampled by all of them as they hurried into the small room. Sonic sat up on the bed, a few bandages wrapped around his arms and head while his leg was in a thick cast being elevated with a few pillows. Tails's eyes began to water as he gently hugged Sonic, small sobs being heard from his head burried in his shoulder.

"Aww lil bro, I'm alright! Just a little beat up is all!"

Sonic cooed, patting his fox friends head. Amy then came a few moments after, tightly and aggressively wrapping her arms around Sonics torso, causing him to slightly winced and pull away with a weak smile on his face.

"Oh Sonic you had me worried sick!"

Amy shrieked, rubbing her cheek against Sonics in an aggressive manner. She finally pulled away from him, Sonic letting out a big but quiet sigh as his eyes met with Shadows. Shadow has stood weirdly frozen as he looked at sonic. His black eye, injured leg and multiple bruises and scratches seemed to be another punch in the stomach, flooding his mind and body with guilt as his eyes stung from keeping them open for so long.

"Shad's are you alright, what happened to your arm?"

Sonic spoke, concern and sympathy laced his words as he pulled Shadow towards him, examining the large scrape that trailed up his arm.

"Probably shouldn't have shoved ya so hard, my bad Shad's!"

Sonic grinned, scratching the back of his head. Shadows eyes widened, his eyebrows furrowing in a more concerned rather than angry manner. He took a small step back, loosening Sonics grip around his arm.

"How can you smile at me!? I could have gotten you killed!"

Shadow protested, gaining an oddly calm expression from Sonic as he stared back at him blankly. A small smile tugged at his lips as his eyebrows frowned.

"I could have gotten myself killed. I was the one who moved you out the way, wasn't I?"

Sonic reasoned with Shadow, adding emphasis to myself.

"Plus it's not that big of a deal, my leg will heal up in no time, right doc!"

Sonic chirped looking at the doctor in front of him. His expression changed to confusion as the doctor looked up from her clip board with a sympathetic and sad expression.

"Actually Mr. Hedgehog, according to your X Rays you basically shattered the bone in your leg. It could take up to 3 to 6 months for it to heal fully."

The doctor corrected, looking up at Sonic whose eyes were widened with shock. He slowly began to laugh. It wasn't the funny joking laughter, it was more of the insane sync ward patient laughter, the kind that made everyone stare in concern.

"What..?"