Chapter 16

Third POV

Rouge and Shadow walked to the kitchen, Shadow making sure they were a solid distance from Sonic rather than near the door frame.

"So why are you here exactly?"

Shadow grumbled, crossing his arms and leaning against the kitchen counter. Rouge calmly sat on the island, crossing her legs after doing so.

"I heard you canceled on the mission.."

Rouge started, Shadows body tensing up a bit as his ear flicked.

"I just wanted to ask what made you convince yourself, I mean, you and I both know what the consequences should be."

Rouge spoke, her voice much calmer and relaxed then moments ago. Shadow huffed a bit, Rouge forming a small smirk at the same time.

"I was busy during the time and was sick of hearing people ask about it, and yeah I already know my consequence."

Shadow growled, his eyes rolling at the last bit of his sentence.

"Well, what is it?"

Rouge asked, leaning in slightly closer from her curiosity. Shadow scowled, his teeth clenching before speaking again.

"My pays getting cut for the next couple of months."

Shadow growled, rubbing his forehead to ease his frustration.

"Can they even do that?"

Rouge laughed, her fake amusement not lighting in mood as she intended it to.

"It's the G.U.N, they can get away with anything."

Shadow huffed, glaring at the door frame with a slightly worried expression.

"Well if money dose end up getting tight, I can always find an alternative, if you catch my drift."

Shadow snickered, Rouge having a devious smirk on her face along with Shadows.

"The student becomes the master."

Rouge pretended to weep, flicking away a fake tear to add emphasis to her words. Shadow and Rouge made their way back to the living room, watching Sonics ear flick as they neared his vicinity.

"Well I'll be out of your quills now! It was nice seeing you blue, maybe I'll pop back if edge lord over here let's me. Bye bye!~"

Rouge chirped, waving goodbye as she swung the door open and slammed it back shut. Shadow grumbled at her overly dramatic actions.

"So, what were you guys talking about."

Sonic spoke plainly, not even looking up at Shadow as he spoke. Shadow leaned against the back of the couch, watching Sonic as he ran his fingers along his inhibitor ring.

"Look at me when you speak to me."

Shadow sternly spoke, tilting his head forward as Sonics ear flicked again. Sonic glared up at Shadow, a small hint of pink dusted his face.

"Answer the question."

Sonic spat, a small smirk growing on Shadows face.

"Well we were just discussing about my cancellation on one of my missions, but it seems something else is in your mind other than my conversation."

Shadow smirked, slowly making his way around the couch and plopping himself on the farthest cushion in front of Sonic. Sonic huffed, his eyebrows furrowing as he locked his attention back to the ring in his hands while mumbling under his breath.

"What's the matter blue?"

Shadow snickered, leaning closer to Sonic and lifting his chin up to face him.

"Don't call me that."

Sonic snarled, his face heating up more as he glared at Shadow who smugly leaned in closer.

"Despite you being so stubborn, it seems you like what I'm doing."

Shadow taunted, his eyes trailing down to Sonics tail that was basically hitting his sides from its rapid wagging. Sonics eyes only glanced to the direction before forcing his tail to stop its motion, his efforts not making any change.

"G- Get your hand off me."

Sonic growled, his eyes narrowing at Shadow who's expression didn't change.

"Fine, I will.."

Shadow started, slowly pulling his hand away from Sonics chin.

"..But that means I'll need my ring back~"

Shadow smirked, every so gently pulling the ring with one finger. Sonic firmly gripped the ring, pulling it back closer to him. Shadow smugly hummed as a response to Sonics actions, Sonics face reddening at the same time.

"You know exactly why I'm mad at you."

Sonic growled, his eyes narrowing while glaring up at Shadow.

"Why? Is it because I didn't kiss you?"

Shadow teased, paying mind to Sonics broken leg as he scooted closer, cupping Sonics face in his hands. Sonic grumbled as a response, averting his eyes from Shadows that stared directly at him.

"If you really care so much why don't I make it up now.."

Shadow smirked, pulling Sonics face closer to his. Sonics eyes finally met Shadows, glaring up at him with a rosy blush covering his face.

"I swear to chaos of your lying again.."

Authors Note
Lol yeah now you gotta wait to see if there's a kissing scene or not 😛 I'll probably get to it soon considering I'd be cruel to leave it like so update is probably gonna be in like a day or two depending how school treats me 💀