Chapter 10

Sonics POV

It's been 3 days since Shadow and I argued and he still hasn't came back. I'm not too surprised though, he did mention rarely coming to his house before the incident so I assume he has other things that keep him occupied. Amy has been coming to watch me for the past few days while Shadow is gone. I love Amy, but in a sister way but I don't think she's caught onto that message yet. The only food she's given me is the exact same strawberry shortcake, so I haven't eaten anything since Shadow was here. I miss him, he actually watched me and took care of me. All Amy dose is talk about setting up dates once I'm healed and what clothes she's recently bought. I was still lost in my endless thoughts until I heard a fast knock on the door, immediately knowing who it was. I let out a heavy but quiet sigh before slapping on my best 'I'm so happy to see you' smile and energetically allowing her entrance.

"Hi Sonikku!"

Amy chirped, holding the same small picnic basket she carried her same cake in for the past 3 days. I hated when she called me that, I was funny at first but she just used it so much after I got sick of it

"Another cake? You shouldn't have!"

I weakly smiled, sitting up from the couch. She rapidly nodded her head as a response, setting it down on the coffee table.

"Your still wearing that ring, where's it from? I've never seen you wear it before."

Amy questioned me, pointing to Shadows inhibitor ring on my wrist. I subconsciously grabbed my wrist, holding it to my chest. I didn't want to tell Amy it was Shadows just so she wouldn't go on another angry rant about people getting
'too close to her Sonikku'.

"Oh uhh, HEY I'm really thirsty, do you mind getting me some water?"

I asked, emphasizing 'really' and speaking in a soft voice. She smiled and walked over to the kitchen. I took this time to let out a quiet sigh I had been holding, plopping my head back onto my pillow and rubbing the ring with my thumb. I found it weirdly comforting when I had it on, I'm not sure why though.

"Where are you Shadow.."

I whispered under my breath, closing my eyes and inhaling softly.

Shadows POV
(When he first left the house)

I sat under my usual tree, knees tucked to my chest with my arms rapped around them. I usually came here to sleep or relax, but now I'm here to make sure I don't go on some angry rampage. That stupid hedgehog is right, he shouldn't have saved me because now I'm in this situation. I need to watch that idiotic Faker but I need to go on one of the biggest missions of my life and SUPPOSEDLY if I go something 'horrible is going to happen'. But if I don't go then who knows what might happen, I could get fired or worse and if I'm being sent that means rouge is going as well so she'll have to deal with my job on top of hers.

"Well, well, well isn't this a sight, Shadow the hedgehog moping under a tree."

A familiar voice teased, causing me to slowly lift my head up since I already knew who it was.

"What's the matter hun?"

Rouge cooed, sitting next to me and placing her hand on my back for comfort. I pulled my knees away from my chest and let my back rest against the large trunk of the tree.