Epilogue

August 1st, 1994:

1:00 P.M.

Lake Wendigo; Nockfell, Indiana:

The sound of gentle guitar music and the lapping of Lake Wendigo waves against the shore filled the air as Lisa and Henry walked down a grassy aisle. Lisa was in a simple white dress, holding a bouqet of white and yellow daisies, her hair braided and laid against her shoulder. Though they didnt have many in attendence, Larry and Sal sat at the end of the Aisle, playing their guitars in a simple duet that they had practiced for months now. The wedding time didnt go as planned, having to be moved two months forward, but it gave them extra time to practice.

Sal glanced over to larry, and he almost chuckled, seeing his brother becoming an emotional wreck as his mother walked down the aisle, smiling any darkness that had come before this away.

Sals eye was able to look over all the guests, sitting in plastic fold-out chairs covered in pale yellow cloth. Ashley was sitting in the front row,her now shaggy bob hair cut grown out- as well as her stomach. Sal couldn't believe she was 8 months pregnant now, she was due the 9th of September. She and Larry dropped out of highschool, and decided to go into mechanical work- working on cars, and specifcially motorcycles. Ashley never thought Larry would be a car guy, Larry didnt think so either. But, he had a steady hand- and his detail work was going to become best in the tri-county area before long. Currently, they had a dingy garage besides the apartments that they paid for with the help of all the news coverage and tv-show deals...with the entire groups approval of course. They knew that in a year they would expand to a property a mile down the road to keep the noise down at the re-named johnson apartments.

Todd was sitting beside her, a chair beside him holding a picture of neil, along with some flowers and a couple battery-operated candles. After todd got out of the hospital, he started to thrive after going to therapy. He graduated highschool early with honors, of course- and had created his own business making digital book-keeping programs for businesses across the U.S. Todd would definitely be well set off for a long time, taking care of his hospital bills, and paying for his parents to go to their dream home in the sweet marijuana-friendly state of  colorado.

chug and maple sat on the other side of the aisle, along with neils parents and some other various guests such as old friends of lisa and coworkers of henry.

As Lisa stood at the end of the isle, smiling at her soon-to-be husband, they waited for the anitiant to start the cerimony.

Soon after Travis got out of the hospital, Mr. Addison was discovered dead in his room. He was determined to have died around the time the church burned down. In his poorly constructed will, he thanked whoever allowed him to pass on peacefully. no one understood accept Sal- as he realized that the cult was forcing him to be alive well past his time. He also gave the apartments to his one and only worker: Lisa Johnson. Lisa found herself in a position of a lot of money, and between Todds help with her business and Travis working as her right hand man as apatment manager- she was able to finally relax after years of non-stop work. Together, they improved the apartments for the better- and make a livable income from it.

Sal eventually went back to highschool (With Travis), and they were hopefully going to graduate by the upcoming december. Sal wanted to be a therapist. He was going to be a child therapist. Sal and Travis were currently updating an apartment on the 5th floor to be theirs, though- they were currently arguing on what color the kitchen should be. As any good couple would do.

And Travis..?

well..

Travis' broken bones had healed okay, but he wasnt going to be running any marathons any time soon. He Loved being the apartment manager, and he loved fixing and updating what needed to be fixed and updated. Travis would need years of physically and psychological therapy in order to have a healthy life again. It helped him to finally talk to those who asked about his experiences in the cult after being so silent for so long. Travis had reserved himself to atheism, however- when Lisa and Henry didn't have a county- provided officiant for the wedding, Travis decided to go up as a religious man one last time. Lisa was the closest thing he could have to a mother now..and he would do anything for the woman who fought for him, and took care of him after he got out of the hospital.

It wasn't on script, but Travis didn't want to be on script for any pastor: because he wasn't one, and he never had to be one ever again.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today for the union of two who's love has built not only a romantic  and supportive relationship, but a family."

Larry sniffled loudly, and stood up beside his mother, as Sal did his father.

"Those who are here know the hardships and the troubles, yet the celebrations and the happiness that have eventually brought us here to this day..."

"We greet new faces"
Neil's parents smile at sal and wave gently.

"We remember those we've lost.."
the pictures of Neil, and Travis' mother in their respective seats were given notice.

"But most of all, we say hello to old friends..."
Travis smiles, looking beside him to Larry, Sal, and out to his other two best friends in the audience.

" The bride and groom chose to say their vows and private, so let's get to the part that everyone is waiting for..

Do you, Lisa, take Henry to be your lovingly wedded husband?"

"I do." Lisa smiled brightly, basically bounding with joy.

"And do you, Henry, take Lisa to be your lovingly wedded wife?"

"Forever and always." Henry smiled. Sal smiled gently.

"I now pronounce you, Lisa And Henry  Fisher-Johnson. You may now kiss the-"

Lisa let out a happy, almost hurling squeal as he jumped into Henry's arms and kissed him. Everyone clapped and cheered as the marriage had been made official.

Larry and Sal hugged each other tightly "guess we're officially brothers huh??" Larry said, and Sal laughed. "You're stuck with me now!" He said, before turning to Travis, who was slowly making his way down the steps of the alter with his cane. Sal helped him down and to his seat, before gently kissing his lips. "You did great travvy.."

"You think so?"

"I know so.." Sal said, watching as everyone helped set up the tables to eat. Ashley got out her newly bought camera, and went to go take pictures of the bride and groom by the lake. "You did great Travis!" Ashley smiled. Travis sighed as he looked around. "Hey Todd, can you help get the hotdogs set out?"
"Yeah- I'll get right on it." He said.

Sal helped set up the chairs, and after all the movement was done, Lisa and Henry came back to cook hotdogs and help serve cake to their small bridal party. Everyone was laughing, talking- it was so nice..so..

"I can't believe how..normal this is." Travis said, looking to Sal, leaning against him and pressing a chaste kiss to his head. Travis' hair had grown out long, the dark brown roots finally growing in.

"I know right? I almost expected some shit to go wrong.." Sal chuckled, wiping a bit of frosting off the corner of his lip. "We can't be too cynical, stress causes wrinkles." The bluenette chuckled, and Travis rolled his eye as he pulled in Sal closer by the hip. They settled in comfortable, happy, content silence as they watched Henry and Larry grill hotdogs, and Ashley and Lisa talking over the color choices for the party.

"I love you Sal."
"I love you too Travis."

....

"I still think the color of the kitchen should be green."

"..god damn it Travis." 

Hello everyone: thank you for reading and finishing 'Real Care'. Though there's been many bumps along the road- I hope you enjoyed the almost 5 year journey that writing this book took. I started writing this book in 2019- not thinking it would go much of anywhere. I had much worse grammar and word structure as I do now- and I've just been revising and rewriting since. Regarding this book, it's been a pleasure writing- and whether I am going to retire from wattpad or not is still up for debate.

I know the ending might be a little more sudden, but it's what needed to happen. It's what I needed or else the book would never truly have an ending. So. Some questions remained unanswered.

For those questions: please ask here, and I will answer them.

My name is Lee Low Ultima, and this was Real Care, a Salvis Fanfiction.

Thank you.

         ✨