.ten.

I climbed onto the Queen sized bed closest to the bathroom wall in the dim hotel room. Vinny was lying on his left side on one side of the bed leaning towards the middle, his head on the pillow and his hair going in all directions. He groaned and opened his eyes. Was Vinny still sleeping?

"Kitten?" Vinny asked sleepily, his voice hoarse.

Chris' arm came around me and lifted me up into his chest before he turned around with me in his arm and sat down on the side of the bed, sitting me in his lap and keeping his arm around me, "How do I do the blood transfusion thing you did with Sarah?"

Justin sat down on the other hotel bed across from us. His face was makeup free, surprisingly, and his eyes were normal dark brown. Dark stubble outlined his jaw and his blond hair was hidden under a black hat. Justin let out a big sigh, "That's one of the things we need to talk about."

I looked over at Ricky as he set the thing he called his camera down on the desk before walking to the bed to sit beside Justin. Ricky rested both of his arms on his knees as he looked at me, giving me a little smile, and then putting his focus on Justin, "It's pretty clear that Melody is staying with us. We need rules, boundaries-"

"Of fucking course Melody is staying." Justin said sternly, cutting Ricky off. I leaned back into Chris and laced my fingers in between his. I didn't want to listen to them talk about me. "Now, who is she? Why is she with us? How did we meet her? These are questions everyone will be asking us."

"Uggghhhh!" Vinny groaned, "We shouldn't tell anyone anything."

I leaned my head back on Chris and closed my eyes. Why did these questions matter? I'm human. I can be taken from underneath these guys and killed if an immortal so wished because I'm nothing. I could feel the dull thump of Chris' heart in his chest, "There is a reason we crossed paths. There is a reason why she trusted us. We have to make sure she's always safe."

"If we don't come up with a solid plan then she won't be safe, even with a blood transfusion. Chris, she trusts you and likes you the most, so you could..." Justin said then paused, "I don't know, it would seem odd for you to just adopt a teenage girl out of the blue."

I felt the bed shake as Vinny moved around behind us, "Her eyes are the same color as Ricky's. What if we said she is his kid that he never knew about and her mom died, thus revealing her to us?"

That couldn't work. I'm human. Ricky is a vampire. Would I not be a vampire if he was my father? Would Ricky want to be my father or does he feel like he is more like a brother the way Vinny and Andy feel?

"I want to be honest about her." Chris said as he squeezed my hand and set his chin down on top of my head, "She shouldn't have to remember a bunch of made up shit."

"Immortals here don't have the same respect we have for mortals." Justin said with a sigh. Everyone was silent now. I assumed they were thinking about what to do with me. I knew what to do.

I opened my eyes. Ricky had his face down, resting in his hands. I looked at Justin, who was looking up at the ceiling. As if he felt my eyes on him, he moved his eyes to meet mine. "Make me immortal?"

Justin's mouth turned upwards into an amused smile as Ricky's head shot up, his blue eyes wide as he looked at me in shock, "Melody!"

Chris sighed, "Little kitten you're going to get hurt if you keep asking."

Justin's eyes moved up to Chris, "Keep asking? She asked to be changed?"

Vinny chuckled, "She ordered Ryan to turn her early this morning. It's when you were over here in the shower."