.thirty.

"You know, you're the bravest kitten I've ever met." Chris said right before I felt the bus slow down and come to a stop.

I shook my head, "I'm not brave. Please don't take me to a doctor."

I buried my face against Chris' neck as he took in a deep breath and stood up. I felt tears come to my eyes again as Chris held me closer and sighed, "I know you are scared, Melody. I'm not going to leave you or abandon you. I want to make sure you are healthy."

I shook my head again. I'm here, aren't I? If I wasn't healthy then I would be dead. My body was trembling as I cried. Doctors scared me more than dying.

"What has my kitty in tears?" Vinny said groggily.

"Go back to sleep, Vin." Chris said before he leaned down and set my feet the last few inches to the floor. I didn't let go of Chris. I'm sure he will drag me there if I try to fight him, so I need to try to be brave.

"Melody doesn't like doctors." Toby said.

"Aww kitten." Vinny said before I felt his hand grab my shoulder and pull me towards him. Chris sighed but quickly loosened his arms from around me and easily gave me up to Vinny. Vinny wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a tight embrace, "Hey, you should know by now that we really aren't going to let anything happen to you. We just want to make sure you are healthy. Vampire blood won't heal you if you're sick."

Vinny wiped my tears off of my cheeks with the palms of his hands as he leaned his head down and placed his forehead against mine. I thought vampire's blood would fix anything. Maybe I just don't know much about vampires. I am a human, after all. Vinny pulled his head away, "Do you want me to come with you to your appointment? No, I'm coming with you and Chris. This is that doctor that Sarah thinks is the most attractive vampire she's ever seen. I have to make sure you don't think he's cute."

"Or you want to go because you think he's hot." Toby said with a chuckle.

I felt like joining in the laughter but I didn't. I was afraid of being this doctor's next toy. Vinny replied with mock laughter, "If he's so hot then I would remember him."

Toby took in a quick breath, "Touché."

Vinny chuckled, "You know, I don't think I would mind too much if you liked Toby, or one of his friends, since they would be too afraid to upset you. But, please, get your first crush in like fifteen years from now."

"Uh, no. No. My friends are nowhere near the table. Chris' rule." Toby said, "Speaking of friends, Kaden is being dropped off here, so he will be here when you get back."

I looked over at Toby. Kaden is going to be here? I groaned. Does this mean I have to meet him? I don't want to meet him. I just want to stay here and play the Pokémon game some more. Vinny groaned, "Kaden-"

"He already knows Melody is off limits. Ryan lectured him for thirty minutes solid. He's kind of scared to get near her, to be honest, but we've had this planned for months." Toby said, rolling his eyes, "Bearings, Knuckle Puck, and Real Friends. I will not miss seeing Real Friends."

Vinny grunted as he pushed me towards the couch then pulled me down to sit beside him, "You've seen them so many times, now."

"Not enough, in my opinion." Toby replied as Chris walked into the room with AJ behind him.

I knew Chris asked AJ to do something with my brain so I turned and latched myself onto Vinny, wrapping my arms around his chest and shoving my face into his neck. I wanted to melt into Vinny. I don't want to go to a doctor. Vinny sighed as he wrapped his arms around me, making me feel like he was going to keep me safe.