.twenty.

Chris pulled his left arm from around me and sat up as he scooted closer to the edge of the cushion. I put both of my arms around Bash while Chris lifted the necklace up with both of his hands, holding it open. I looked at the dark red liquid inside of the small glass heart-shaped vial. That liquid is vampire blood. Chris leaned closer to me to clasp the cold chain around my neck. I didn't jerk away as Chris' fingers grazed my neck even when he moved towards the bite mark. Chris let his thumb rub against one of the small holes Nick left on my throat, his dark brown eyes looking sad. For a second I was worried he was about to cry. Chris sighed and pulled his hand away from the bite mark, letting his left arm go back around me as he sat with his back against the couch again. I touched the vial with my right hand, holding it against my skin. It made me feel wanted. I smiled and looked at Ryan, "Thank you."

Ryan smiled, "You're welcome, kitten."

I narrowed my eyes at Ryan as he turned around and headed back into the hallway. I didn't know if I liked him calling me kitten. It was the fact it was Ryan who said it made me feel unsure and uncomfortable. I wasn't completely sure that Ryan won't hurt me. I trusted Chris enough to think I was safe while I was with him. I truly hope Ryan's blood works and keeps me safe, though.

Chris lifted up his cell phone, letting the screen light up to see the time. 20:47. It was almost 9 pm. "We need to get ready for the show since we're up first tonight."

I reached my right hand over to take Chris' hand in mine. I wanted Chris to know I wasn't going to be pulled from his side easily. Chris squeezed my hand in return, "I'm not leaving you until I have to be on the stage. I already asked Sarah to come to the bus to do our makeup so you don't have to go outside again."

I smiled and looked up at Chris. He's smart. The bus door opened suddenly, making me lean into Chris again. There were only three other people that I knew and felt comfortable around. I hope it's one of them. My wish was granted as Sarah came into view and I relaxed, melting into Chris' side. Chris gave a small, breathy chuckle as he squeezed my right hand.

"Oh, hey, Sarah! Chris was just talking about you." Justin said in a cheerful tone. Sarah set her big black makeup case down and raised one eyebrow, "Okay? Is that good or bad?"

"He was just telling kitten that you were coming here to do our makeup." Vinny said.

Sarah smiled and gave a chuckle, "I thought it was only Justin who could summon me like a genie."

I looked over at Justin as he scoffed. I had heard of a genie before, but I didn't know what it was. I wanted to know. Justin raised his eyes to look at Sarah, "Please. If you were a genie you would never leave your bottle-especially if it was me summoning you. Your phrases would include 'fuck off, master' and 'that's not my problem'."

"Look, I know I'm lazy. And if I have magical powers, why would I do everything someone asks me to do? You can't own me. No one is my master." Sarah said and gave a soft laugh as Ryan walked towards me with something in his hands.

Ryan stood in front of me before squatting to meet my eyes better. He lifted up a black cord that held the same glass heart shaped blood filled vial of the necklace he gave me. The silver chain was removed from this new one and replaced with a black rope cord. Ryan held it open, "This necklace will keep Bash safe."

I turned Bash around and set him on my knees, keeping my hands around his middle section. Ryan gave a small chuckle as he tried to hide a smile before he lifted the necklace up to Bash's neck and tied it on him, "There."

I pulled Bash back to me and looked at the necklace. It seemed to fit him. I smiled and pulled Bash back into my chest to hug him, "So cute."

Chris gave a soft laugh as Ryan sat back down at the spot on the couch across from us. I leaned my head back onto Chris' shoulder and yawned. I hated to admit how tired I was becoming. Chris took in a deep breath and sighed, "Fuck, I'm drained."