.twenty-three.

"Do you want to go back to sleep?" Andy asked softly. I turned my head to look at him. His left eyebrow was raised as his bright blue eyes studied me with care.

I shook my head and lifted Bash up so he could see Andy, "I want to see the kitten movie."

Andy gave me a playful smirk, "Alright. Just let me know if you get tired."

I nodded in response before crawling closer on the couch to Andy until our bodies were touching and I wrapped my right arm around the top of Andy's left elbow. I leaned my head against Andy's shoulder and focused on the tv again, looking at the image of the cats on the screen. Joy and excitement filled me and I couldn't help myself from giggling. Andy gave a soft chuckle, "Are you ready to start the movie?"

"What about pizza?"

Andy looked down at his cell phone in his right hand. The screen lit up and he unlocked the phone, "Our pizza is in the oven now. CC is going to bring it to us. It shouldn't be a very long wait. Do you want to wait to start the movie?"

I raised my head up from Andy's shoulder. CC is someone I don't know. I heard someone mention a CC last night, but I didn't see them or meet them. I don't want to meet another person. I looked up at Andy, "Is CC nice?"

Andy gave me a half smile, "Yeah, CC's nice most of the time. He is absolutely terrified of Pissed Off Chris, so I bet he would do anything you ask just to make sure you stay happy. He even said he would leave everything at the front of the bus if you don't want to meet him yet."

He does sound nice. I looked to the left side of the bus as I thought about meeting CC. I am going to have to meet him sometime, though. I would much rather wait to meet him, but it would probably be better if I met him now so I wouldn't have to meet so many people at once, I guess. I looked back to Andy, "When he comes here, don't let me go."

"I wouldn't think of it." Andy replied with his deep, silky voice, leaning his head down so it was close to mine, "CC thought you were the cutest fucking thing on the planet last night. He tried to take you from Vinny but Chris wouldn't let CC get near you because he didn't want you to be scared if you woke up."

Chris is amazing. He cares about me so much. I leaned my head against Andy's shoulder again, "You will keep me safe, too. CC can't hurt me. Bash will attack him."

Andy chuckled, "All of that is correct."

"When do I have to have a baby? Will I be able to keep it?" I asked as I saw an image of Andy on his cell phone's screen that made my heart skip a beat. Is their process different from how they did it at the manor? Is Chris going to pair me with a specific guy he chooses? Do I have to be paired with a human boy?

Andy choked on his breath as he took a hit from his little black box, his eyebrows raised in complete surprise, eyes wide as he stared off to the top right side of the bus. Andy blinked a few times before relaxing his face and looking back at me, "Um, I don't think I'm the best person to have this conversation with. But I am completely fucking positive that no one expects you get pregnant. At least not for a very long time."

I let out a deep breath I didn't know I had been holding. I don't have to make a baby. I don't have to worry about being made fun of for not being paired with someone or not being pregnant. I leaned my head against Andy's arm and looked down to see his phone screen was off again, just solid black. I smiled and pulled Bash up so his pink nose and my nose were together. Andy chuckled before he mumbled under his breath, "Oh my god."

I raised my eyes to look up at Andy, "Hmm?"

The corner of Andy's mouth was turned upwards, "You're so fucking cute, Melody. You're sweet. And it hurts."