.twenty-two.

I pressed myself into Vinny, wishing that his body would absorb me. Logan is pulling Chris and Andy away from me. Is he going to talk to them about me? Is he going to try to get rid of me again? I felt a noise in my throat, but I didn't hear it over the pounding of my heartbeat. Vinny wrapped his other arm around me and held me tightly. I squeezed my eyes closed.

"I've got you, kitten. You're safe." Vinny whispered as he leaned his head down so his face was closer to mine.

I held my breath in to try to control my uneven breathing. After half a minute I was breathing normally again and I opened my eyes and looked around the back lounge to see that Vinny and I were the only ones back here. I felt better knowing Logan wasn't back here anymore. My chest still felt tight and I knew it would only stop when I saw Chris again.

"Do you remember asking me if I wanted to be your dad last night?" Vinny asked, breaking the comfortable silence around us.

I thought back to last night when the show ended and Chris left Vinny and I by the door so Chris could get some clothes for me. Vinny didn't stop trying to get me to like him when we first met. He instantly liked me when he saw me. I thought he would have wanted to adopt me, too. I nodded, "Mhm."

Vinny had taken several seconds to answer the question last night and when he said no, he seemed unsure. I raised my head to look up at him, "You said brother."

"I know I did. I wasn't sure of my answer then. But I would be so fucking honored to be your dad. I'm going to take your other four dads to court so I can have full custody of you." Vinny said, rubbing his nose against mine when he said 'you'.

I couldn't help but giggle at Vinny, which made him chuckle, "So, will you let me change my answer to your question? Because, yes, I do want to be your dad."

I smiled up at Vinny, feeling my cheeks tingling, "Yes."

Vinny smiled widely before kissing my right cheek, "I will always be here for you, Melody. And I'm going to beat Chris to become your favorite dad one day."

I wrapped my arms around Vinny's back and hugged him tightly. I didn't think Chris could be replaced as my favorite dad. Chris is more than my favorite dad. He's my favorite person-my savior, my protector, my hero, my knight. Vinny leaned back when I pulled my arms in to my chest and let his body sink into the couch, "Do you want to watch some Black Veil Brides music videos?"

I nodded, "Please?"

Vinny chuckled as he unlocked his phone and went to the YouTube app. He quickly typed in Black Veil Brides and held his phone up for me, "You can pick."

I took Vinny's phone into my right hand before putting my feet on the other side of Vinny's lap, letting my legs rest on top of his legs and leaning into him. I pulled Vinny's right arm up and over me as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I've got you, kitten." Vinny said warmly, causing an eruption of butterflies in my chest.

"Mhm." I responded. I was getting tired, so I didn't want to say anything but I didn't want to be rude, either. Vinny is keeping me safe. I am safe. Logan won't be able to scare me if he comes back. I focused on the cell phone screen and an image of Andy with blonde hair caught my eye. Andy looked nice with blond hair. I mean, Andy is a vampire and looks like some kind of god so of course any hair color would look good on him. I tapped on the image of blond Andy. The more of the music video I watched, the more I was noticing how absolutely perfect Andy looked. I felt my cheeks tingling with warmth. I hadn't realized how cute he was.

"Two days off is exactly what we need right now." Ryan said, sounding like he was completely exhausted. I looked up at him as he opened a drawer against the back wall.