.four.

I felt my body being moved around and I forced my eyes open. I tightened my grip on Chris' hand in my lap at the same time I groaned, letting Chris know I wasn't happy to have be awake. Chris was holding me bridal style, my head resting on his shoulder. Chris froze in reaction, his body becoming stiff, "Oh fuck."

"What is it?" Ricky's voice asked.

"I woke her up." Chris said. Chris was leaning down, trying to set me down on the couch. I tightened my hold on Chris as my mind was starting to fully wake up. I felt safest in his hold and I didn't want to be parted from him. Chris looked down at me, "I didn't mean to wake you up. I was going to let you sleep while I get ready for the show."

I was able to force words out of my mouth, "Don't want to be alone."

Chris gave a small chuckle, "You aren't going to be alone, Melody. Everyone is here."

I shook my heavy head as much as I could against Chris' shoulder as I closed my eyes again, "Feel safe."

Chris gave a sigh, "I know you feel safe. Ricky, Justin, Ryan, and Vinny are going to protect you, too. I won't be far away. You will be safe."

I shook my head again and gave Chris' hand a tight squeeze. Chris straightened his posture back up which made me feel like he wasn't going to let me go. I settled into Chris's arms more, "Warm."

Chris chuckled and his voice came out in an amused tone, "Warm? I think you just like being held like a teddy bear. Is being held what makes you feel safe?"

I nodded again. I felt Chris move, "Ricky will hold you while I get ready, then."

"No." I said quickly, my eyes shooting open. Ricky didn't seem to like me and I wanted to stay away from him as much as I could. Chris looked down at me, "Ricky won't hurt you or let anything happen to you. He will keep you safe while I get ready for the show."

I shook my head again. I didn't want to be with Ricky. Chris looked around the room, "Justin is the only other person ready for the show and I don't think you want to be with him."

I tried to groan but it was a whine that came from my throat instead as I shook my head. Again. Chris looked back down at me, his brown eyes wide, "Awww don't make that sound! It's so sad."

I put my face against his neck to hide as I closed my eyes again. Chris saved me from dying. Chris is the one that killed Nick. He's the only one that can keep me safe. And I hated to say how warm he was. I never knew a vampire could be this warm. I heard movement near us before I heard Vinny's voice.

"I will keep you safe, Melody." Vinny said cheerfully as I felt a warm hand grab onto my right hand. Instinctively, I let go of Chris' hand and grabbed onto the new hand.

Wait.

Who is touching me? My eyes shot open and my head shot to the side. Vinny was standing in front of Chris, leaning in to be closer to me. Vinny had a smile on his face as he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb, "I can protect you better than any of these fuckers can. You will be safe with me."

"You need to do your makeup for the show." Ricky said.

Makeup? What show?

Vinny glanced to the side, I'm assuming he looked to Ricky.

"Justin scared her because he had makeup on and you will scare her because you have makeup on, too. I'm not scary." Vinny said quickly. I felt Chris start to lean down again as Vinny pulled his hand from mine before I felt his arms replace Chris'. Vinny straightened up carefully before smiling, "See, you're okay little kitten. You are safe."