.eleven.

I hugged Chris tightly, worried I wouldn't be able to become a vampire. Maybe I can teach myself to like blood. I don't want to die and if I can do anything to save myself then I can figure out ways to survive. That's what I've done so far, anyways. I leaned my head on Chris' shoulder, my ear was close enough to his chest to hear his heart beating fast.

"What did I do?" Justin asked, gasping like he was hurt because I chose Chris over him.

Chris wrapped his arms around me, "I don't think you did anything."

"I think she just likes Chris the most." Ricky said softly as my breathing picked up again. Vinny noticed my breathing and scooted closer on the bed to Chris. I watched Vinny lean his left cheek on Chris' right shoulder as he kept his eyes on mine. Vinny gave me a small smile as he caressed my cheek with his thumb, "You don't have anything to worry about, kitten. You're okay."

I felt myself becoming calmer. I tried to steady my breathing and gave him a small smile when my breaths were even again after a minute. Being in Chris' hold and Vinny telling me not to worry made this really calm feeling that I never knew could exist come over me. I loved the feeling. Vinny's smile got bigger and he pulled his hand from my cheek and raised his head up, "You're so fucking cute."

Chris chuckled, "I am the one that saved her so it's only fair that she likes me the most."

I raised my head up to look at Chris. If he didn't save me, I would be dead. But why did he save me? Chris looked down at me and smiled, "We just have a little bond. Don't we, Melody?"

"Why did you save me? I'm human." I asked.

Chris kept his smile on his face, "I was human once, Melody. I could feel your fear and your scream was full of your pain. I was close enough to save you, so I did."

"Thank you." I said. I didn't know how to show him how much it means to me that he saved me and is keeping me around. I leaned my head back down on his shoulder, "I've never had family before."

"You now have five dads and a bunch of uncles." Chris said and placed a kiss on the top of my head.

Five dads? How can I have five? I thought I could only have one. Ricky chuckled as he stood up, taking a few steps towards me and leaning down so I would look at him. He wiped his thumb under my left eye, "Those better be tears of joy, Melody Motionless."

I nodded my head, "I'm happy."

A loud knock at the door made me jump. Ricky stood up straight and went to the door as Chris tightened his arms around me and rubbed my arm, "I'm your favorite dad, right?"

"Of course you're going to be her favorite, Chris." Justin said as he stood up. He pulled something from his black backpack that was on the other side of his bed. He put something around his head as he put the backpack on. Justin appeared in front of us and gave me a smile, "I think I'm scary dad, even though I don't want you to be afraid of me."

Justin pulled me from Chris' embrace and placed a kiss on my forehead before sliding a big black cloth necklace around my neck. I looked down at the bottom of the cord to see a plastic card like Chris had last night. It was black with the words Trinity of Terror Tour 2022 Crew on one side with Motionless in White, Black Veil Brides, and Ice Nine Kills underneath. The other side had a list of dates and places and a white box with tiny black squares in it. I looked back up at Justin. Justin pointed at the card, "If we aren't on the bus, you need to be wearing this badge, Melody. If you get separated from us then this badge will help security get you back to us."

Chris pushed me up from his lap and stood up, "Don't lose the badge. Let's go find some things for you to do on the bus before we leave. Six hours is a long drive."