.five.

I woke up to hearing men talking at once. I didn't want to be awake and I didn't want to remember I'm only human with a group of vampires. I wanted to stay in the arms of whoever was holding me, in a zone of comfort. I groaned and stretched my arms straight out before opening my eyes.

"I said you fuckers are being too loud." Andy said sternly from above me. I was starting to wake up more and tried to look around the room. The light around me was bright and I closed my eyes again, turning my face back to Andy's neck, a whine coming from my throat as I reached for a hand to comfort me. Where am I?

"Hey, Melody." Andy said softly as he leaned his head down closer to mine, "My band mates aren't well behaved. I'm sorry they woke you."

What's a band mate?

Andy grabbed onto my hand, "I've got you. You don't have anything to worry about. You're safe."

"Master?" I whispered

"Shh." Andy whispered as he rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand, "That word shouldn't come from your mouth."

"Master? I thought she wasn't a slave?" An unknown male voice asked.

Fear surrounded me and seemed to instantly wake me up all the way. It felt like something was squeezing my chest, making it hard for me to breathe. Andy instantly noticed that my breathing changed and gave my hand a few squeezes for comfort, "She's not, Jinxx."

I tightened my grip on Andy's hand. I didn't even realize I was holding my breath until I heard Andy's voice whispering breathe. I didn't know if he actually said it or if I just thought he said it, but I let out a shaky breath. Where is Chris? Why am I in Andy's arms?

"She doesn't sound okay." Another unknown male voice said, concern lacing his voice.

"She's scared of us, CC, her heart is racing." Jinxx said.

"Make her unafraid of us, Andy." CC whined.

I felt Andy take in a deep breath before sighing, "I'm not going to fuck with anything in her mind. She can draw her own conclusion on you. Let's go watch Motionless, Melody."

Andy slid his right arm under my knees and before I knew it he was standing up with me in his arms. How did he do that so fast? I didn't feel anything. I kept my face buried in Andy's neck and grabbed onto his shirt when his hand disappeared from mine. Andy held me close and I could tell he wasn't going to let anything happen to me.

"Don't worry, you are safe with me." Andy said suddenly.

I pulled my head from his neck and looked up at him. His blue eyes looked so electric with the black eye shadow surrounding them. The side of Andy's mouth turned up into a smile as he glanced down at me, "I can read minds."

I couldn't help but stare at him. He can read minds and he admits to it casually. I didn't know such a power was really possible. Andy stopped walking and looked down at me, "You weren't taught much about immortals. I can answer any questions you have."

"Where is Chris?" I asked almost instantly.

Andy chuckled, setting me down on my feet. I kept my tight hold on his shirt as he stood up straight, "Chris is on stage with the rest of Motionless in White."

Where is on stage?

"Do you remember watching the music video with Vinny earlier?"

I nodded. They were holding things in the video. What were they? Did they tell me? Andy smiled as he held back a chuckle, "You're so fucking cute it's unreal."

Andy took in a deep breath before exhaling loudly and looking down the hallway, "I'm probably the worst teacher you can have."

Does this mean he isn't going to teach me anything? I like how everyone has been teaching me. I never knew I could be in a position where I could learn about more than how to change a diaper or what soothes gums while teething and I liked it. I liked learning new things. Andy gave a little smile.