.twenty-six.

Chris' POV

I stretched out as I stood up. It was time I headed to bed to get some sleep before we actually get to Greenbriar. I told AJ and Logan night before heading off towards the back of the bus to the bunk area. I glanced at Vinny's bunk, remembering that AJ said Melody had a small panic attack earlier. I would do anything to get rid of her panic. Fuck, I will take all of her fears into me if I could. She is too young to have to deal with them. I plan on asking Ryan's family doctor to test Melody for mental illnesses. If I can help Melody by getting her medication to calm her anxiety, or help her if she has depression, then I want to make sure I get her everything she needs.

I felt my heart skip a beat when I noticed Vinny's bunk was empty with the curtain halfway pulled open. I quickly ripped my bunk's curtain open, hoping I would see Melody sleeping in my bunk, but my bunk was empty as well.

"She must be hot if you don't want to show her to us."

"Or she's not real and he's making this shit up."

"Can we change the subject? We're close to the Cascarrafa gym." Toby said. He must be gaming with his friends.

"Then why won't you let us see her, dude. You said she's asleep on your arm, all you have to do is tilt the phone down-"

"No. She's super fucking shy. If she doesn't want you to see her then I respect that choice even if she's asleep." Toby said.

I quickly slid the door to the back lounge open, hoping Melody was back there. I noticed Vinny first, asleep, sitting up with his head leaning towards Toby. Vinny's left arm was being pulled from his body and I followed his arm to find Melody attached to the end of his hand, my body relaxing at seeing Melody and knowing she's safe, even though I knew nothing had happened to her. Vinny really hasn't let Melody go and she seems to adore it since she craves physical touch. She seems to be happiest when she's in an embrace. I can only assume it makes her feel safe. And it's new to her.

A smile found its way to my face when I saw Melody leaning her head against Toby's shoulder, her face looking at the Switch console in his lap. Melody held Bash closely above her heart, his head near hers and her mouth was against his black fur. I never would have thought a stuffed animal would bring her so much happiness, but with her past being so unknown and certainly painful to remember, if stuffed animals bring her joy then I will buy her as many as she wants. When Toby moved his eyes up to mine, they enlarged and he gave a soft mumble, "Oh, fuck..."

"What's up Tobes?" Kaden's voice came from Toby's cellphone.

"Please don't kill me. Vinny said it was fine that she was leaning on me and then they both fell asleep." Toby said, not moving his eyes from mine.

I gave him a little smile to let him know I wasn't mad. Toby is a good kid. He is a guy and we do have desires, but he hasn't indulged in anything while we've been on tour. He has also reminded me about him being in a relationship with a girl named Karma. Justin, Ryan, and I would absolutely tear him apart if he did anything to Melody, and Toby respects us, so I trust he will do anything to keep Melody safe. Which also means he wouldn't try to do anything sexual with her.

"I'm not going to kill you. She feels safe with you, Toby." I took a few steps and leaned down until I was at Melody's height. She looked so peaceful, like an angel floating on a cloud. Melody seemed like an angel. She's my angel. She appeared at the right time, saving me from battling with some of my demons and I wanted to be the one to give her a life. I wanted to teach her about the world. I wanted to make sure she chased all of her dreams. It was clear she had a rough upbringing and I was going to change that. I cupped her right cheek in my left hand gently and let my thumb graze her soft, warm skin. My hand was cold against her flesh, making her eye twitch as she gave a sad whine.