Ch 28

There was an awkward silence hanging in the air. All the 13 attacans and the three humans were walking through the forest silently. They had left the tarven hours ago. They bid good bye to the old tarven owner giving him a bag of gold coins for his help and the stay.

Ever since they left the tarven and into the forest no one spoked a word. They made their earlier formation leaving the human trio in the centre and the attacans guarding around them while moving.

Yeonseon felt something shuffling in the bushes. She moved to her left out of instinct but ended up bumping into someone.
Jeonghan catches her from behind.
" are you okay?" He asked. Yeonseon didn't reply insted she straightened her back and sprinted to Gaeul holding her hand.
Jeonghan sighed.

" Okay. I can't take it anymore." The long lasted silence was broke by a very irritated Chan.
Everyone looked at him in confusion.
" what is your problem?" The8 asked.

" This." He pointed at everyone surrounded him. " it's too awkward and silent." He said.
Dk slowly walked towards Chan " he is right. This is too— before Dk could finish Chan hugged him by the waist " i know. You are my team." He said with twinkling eyes.
Dk shook his head sighing.

" maybe we can sing" Seungkwan said popping his head from behind Mingyu.
" you can sing?" Yeonseon asked.

"Of course. What do you think of us." Seungkwan said. " do you wanna here?"
Yeonseon, and chan nodded vigorously.

" ulgo sipji aana, ulgo sipji aana ~~

The humans clapped for Seungkwan. " You are so awesome hyung" chan cooed and Seungkwan flushed.

" what's so awesome about it. He could never hit the high notes like me." Dk said shrugging off Chan who was still holding onto him.

" wow you can sing too?" Yeonseon asked.
Dk nodded " look."
"Bami eomneun nat haneureun bulgeunsaek
Modeun sesange bicheun hanain deuthae ~~ Dk sang out his soul making the humans jaw drop.

"Gosh. You shouldn't be here." Yeonseon said. " you should sign up as an idol."
"Yup" Gaeul said nodding.

" haha you are flattering me." Dk said blushing. " you know Jeonghan hyung sings better than me." He said.
Yeonseon looked at Jeonghan " really?"

Jeonghan was startled all of a sudden when the very yeonseon who is being avoiding him every since they came back from the palace suddenly talking to him " oh I...

'What is wrong with you ?'

'What is wrong with me?'

' you are not acting yourself Jeonghan.'

' what ?'

'Don't get swayed by your feelings Jeonghan that's all I can say'

'I won't...

His conversation with scoups earlier played back in his ears. He closed his mouth without saying anything. Scoups watched him silently before he looked at the others.

"Stop talking and just wal— before he could complete it he was tackled to the ground.
An arrow passed whooshing above and stuck the tree.
" what are you doing?" Scoups asked in annoyances to the person who was above him.
Gaeul raised her head making eye contact with him. " oh I was trying to... when she tried to stand up she was pulled down by something.
She looked at her chain which was tangled with  scoups's chain. The purple stone hanging in her chain got stuck between the small hook in the sword dollar of his chain. Both of them looked at each other before looking at their tangled chains.

" I'll take it." She said trying to take it from the hook but she missed her balance and fall on him again. " Gosh what are you doing?" Scoups sighed.

" Hold on. I'll help" Mingyu came forward squatting in front of them. He took Gaeul's chain out of the hook in scoups's dollar. Mingyu held the purple stone dollar in his hand rubbing his thumb over it. . " This stone is beautiful." He said then looked at Gaeul who was looking at her purple stone dollar. A small smile grew on Mingyu's face. S.coups looked at the both and scoffed turning away.

Krixi who was looking at Gaeul's dollar was about to say something but it was interepted by Jun. " It's an arrow." Jun said removing the arrow which was struck in the tree trunk.

" Give me that." Woozi took it from Jun examining it.

" who did this?" Mingyu said standing up and then helping Gaeul up.  S.coups rolled his eyes and stood up too dusting his pants.

" I guess we have some guest ?" The8 said looking at a direction.

"Surrender!!"

Two figures came into the view. One holding a wooden bow and the other having a dagger in his hand.

Yeonseon, Gaeul and chan slowly raised their hands.
" what are you all staring at? Raise your hands." Chan said looking at everyone else. But the others stared at the two uninvited guests in a daze.

"Hyung?" Jeonghan said moving forward.

" Hannie" The one with the wooden bow made his weapon disappear into mist and ran forward hugging jeonghan.

"Hannie?" Yeonseon made a face slowly putting down her hand.

The other one with the dagger walked towards the others. " Minhyuk hyung what are you both doing here?" S.coups asked.

" I'm doing great coups. How about you guys? Gosh how long has it been." Minhyuk said patting krixi in the head.

" Four years."Krixi said " it's been Four years"

" Hyung ~ we missed you" Hoshi came hugging Minhyuk. Soon the other younger boys also joined suffocating him with hugs.

" Hyungwon hyung I thought you missed us too" Seungkwan said making a face looking at Hyungwon and Jeonghan who were still hugging.

" leave them" Krixi said looking at them with a smile.

" I smell love there." Chan whispered into yeonseon's ear pointing at Jeonghan and Hyungwon. Yeonseon looked at them gritting her teeth. " And I smell something burning here" he said sniffing her .

"Shut.up chan." She said glaring at him.

"I can't help. you see they both—

" Dinoooo yaaaaaaaaaaa

Chan was tacked to the ground by something big. " Gosh you have grown so much you little dinosaur." Minhyuk said hugging chan.

" can you please get off me" Chan said struggling beneath him. " I'm not who you think"

" I missed you so much."Minhyuk said sniffing.  " can someone help meee?" Chan cried out to others.

" What is going on here. Who are they?"Gaeul asked looking at Krixi.

Krixi sighed " They are our friends. More like our family. You don't have to worry about them."

Gaeul nodded and looked at Chan who was still struggling underneath Minhyuk.

———————————————————————

To be continued ...