76.- Can't Escape Politicians' Lies Even In the Apocalypse

Ep

Ep. 7 "Down The Mississippi" Ch. 7/8

•——— ——— —•——

Joy hated to admit it. She hated it with every fibre of her being, but she was actually having fun there. Maybe it was the moonshine speaking, but things could've been a whole lot worse.

Sketchy and Skeezy, but mostly Sketchy, had begun telling the tale about how they came to be in possession of precious Elvis articles. And if it weren't for the fact that Joy was on the last few drops of her moonshine, she'd think she'd gone mad for believing that Sketchy and Skeezy managed to kill a Z horde of Elvis fans with a machine gun.

Scratch that, Joy was definitely crazy. But crazy was looking really good if it meant staying we're she currently was, a mug of moonshine in her hands and the arm of her boyfriend across her chest warming her cold lizard body.

Life was good for Joy. Which certainly made her suspicious.

"I told you! I told you Elvis was still alive!" Sketchy spoke between loud laughs that Skeezy and Burr joined on, the two women now tucked under the dynamic duo's arms replicated.

Joy and 10K weren't necessarily laughing, but by the way 10K was smiling it was almost like getting him to laugh aloud, and Joy's giggles once in a while were too quiet to be heard over the loud laughter, so everyone just thought the two were sharing secret smiles with one another.

"Oh, he's alive alright. And he's kept the weight off too. Tell him, Renfield." 10K handed his mug to Joy and began moving one of his hands in what was supposed to pass as sign language but failed miserably to anyone who legitimately knew sign language.

"What's he saying? What's he saying?" That's when Joy stopped paying attention to Sketchy and Skeezy, opting to giggle under her breath and try to hide it behind the rim of her own mug.

"Apestas en lenguaje de señas." 10K shrugged and tightened his hold over Joy, using his free hand to keep his attempts at sign language going, only this time Joy kind of understood him.

The first letter was a very obvious L, next a slightly oval looking O, after another pretty obvious V, and the last letter Joy had no idea what it was but using context clues she guessed it was an E, only confirmed by when he pointed at her.

10K said he wasn't cheesy nor a romantic, but his actions spoke against him.

Joy rolled her eyes and pressed a kiss to 10K's jawline. "Yo también te amo."

Then Joy proceeded to tap at 10K's arm so he'd free his hold on her, Joy was out of moonshine and though it wasn't a wise decision to drink more alcohol that could potentially numb her senses, she'd need it if she wanted to stay that happy in Sketchy and Skeezy's presence.

Joy slammed her mug onto the counter where she had seen Sketchy and Skeezy get their refills from, startling the half asleep man behind the counter.

"Otro, por favor." Joy didn't think the guy behind the counter knew what she was talking about, but slamming what was supposed to be a mug filled with liquor now empty was a pretty universal sign for a refill.