5 | RICH IDIOTS

Outer Banks, the WreckJuly 9th, 202012:44pm

July 9th, 2020
12:44pm

I slid on my apron and tied the knot around my waist, before lifting my hair up in a ponytail and placing the small etiquette with my name written on my chest. I smiled at Mike who waved at me quickly, not even reproaching me to be a little late. I soon spotted Rafe Cameron and his crew in a corner, but since they weren't in my area, I was so relieved I wouldn't have to deal with them. They were hard to handle even during every random day but my throbbing headache wouldn't have allowed me enough patience to deal with them that day.

I served other clients who were slightly less annoying, keeping my professional smile on my face the whole time. Tourons didn't realise how infuriating they were when they just didn't understand a crowded restaurant's waiters weren't just taking care of their own table and had tens of things to deal with simultaneously. I made my best to please everyone quickly and when I heard a whistle and turned around, my eyes went wide. Rafe Cameron was raising his three fingers up, calling me.

More than being hurt by the way he called waiters, I didn't understand why me specifically. I rolled my eyes and walked over to their small table, glancing at Topper and Kelce chuckling. Rafe him, was not laughing, he played with his fork and kept his eyes on me. "Well, hello boys, what can I do for you?" I tried to stay professional and calm.

"Hi Janel, how are you?" Topper asked me.

"How's the headache going?" Rafe faked being concerned, which annoyed me more than anything else. "After what you've drank last night you must be pretty hungover"

I bit the inside of my cheek and grabbed their empty alcohol glasses to free some space on their table. "Thank you for caring, but I think you should worry about your head more than mine," I snapped.

"I was just trying to be nice," Rafe laughed, since he probably realised his lie was obvious.

"If you guys don't need anything, then I'm leaving," I was about to walk off but I turned back towards them. "Oh, also, maybe your daddy didn't teach you how to treat women, but don't whistle to get their attention, Rafe"

His friends bursted out in laugh and he stayed there, looking at me with challenge in his eyes. There was no one I hated more on Earth than him right then, maybe because being so hungover didn't allow me to be patient, or just because he was the worst asshole. I was just trying to do my job and he ruined it. I walked over the counter and placed their glasses in the sink, starting to wash them, when I caught a glimpse of Rafe Cameron walking to me.

I rolled my eyes and dried up my hands, not taking my eyes off his tall figure. He was muscular, had an angelic face, everything girls wished for. Too bad for him he was an asshole so it ruined everything. "What can I do for you?" I groaned, knowing I couldn't just tell him to fuck off or I'd be fired.

"Look, I didn't know Pogues like you could do other things than surfing. Last night was fun," he chuckled, probably forgetting he had ended up beating up my friends.