29 | A SKULL ON HIS SHOULDER

South Carolina, Myrtle BeachAugust 1st, 20201:09 am

August 1st, 2020
1:09 am

"So?" I asked, as Rafe got back in the car.

"Well, they don't have a room for us," he explained, rubbing his buzzed hair.

I frowned looking at the immense building near us, wondering how there couldn't be a single room left for us. I sighed and threw my head back, exhausted and especially not believing we were about to spend the whole night in his car. "What do you mean they don't have a room for us?" I groaned.

"Well, don't be mad but I kinda forgot my credit card at home so I don't have enough cash money to get us one of the rooms that are still available," he stated, placing his arm behind my seat. "All of the cheap ones are taken"

I laughed and locked my eyes in his, while I saw he struggled to understand what I found funny in the situation. I titled my head to the side and pursed my lips together, smiling softly. "Really?" I asked.

"What?" he voiced.

"We don't need money to get a room, just confidence," I told him softly, getting out of his car. "And we can't go there dressed like this, take your uniform off, you don't look rich"

"Oh cause you do? You have pink shorts on and you're wearing a hoodie that's what too large for you," he mocked.

"I may not look rich but at least I don't look like I'm wearing a halloween costume," I snapped.

He groaned and I didn't really wait for him to make my way to the hotel reception. The Pogues and I had attempted to break in hotels on Figure-Eight many times before, and most of them had been successful, especially when Kiara, JJ or myself were the ones in charge, since we knew how to get what we wanted with our big smiles.

I heard Rafe rushing after me and he grabbed my arm, pulling me back towards him, a concerned look on his face. I knew guys like him weren't used to breaking in such fancy places since they didn't really need it, but I was truly the best when it came to it.

"Janel, she just saw me, she'll know," he panicked.

"Chill, I got this, just act confident and look hot," I instructed.

"How?" he inquired.

"Just- be you. Use your pretty privilege" I began to explain him. "You know how to do this"

He smiled softly and we both reached the hotel, while I tried to get in JJ's mindset and figure out what he would do if he was me. Well, first he wouldn't be here with Rafe Cameron, but if he ever was, then he'd definitely not talk to the lady at the reception desk and just pretend he knew where he was going. I walked towards the elevator and once we were in, I clicked on the upper floor's button.

Rafe's feet tapped on the floor rhythmically and I looked up at him, only to find out he was biting his lower lip and looking at the ceiling, anxiety spread on his face. "Are you nervous?" I laughed.