33 | CAMERON DEVELOPMENT

Outer Banks, The WreckAugust 4th, 20207:51pm

August 4th, 2020
7:51pm

The customers had apparently all decided to be awful, it just felt like I wasn't doing anything right, the food was never good enough for them and I was the one being yelled at even if I wasn't the chef. I tried to remain patient, to make sure they had everything they needed but the fact I heard most of them whispering I was Big John's daughter made things harder.

I was on verge of tears when a man I knew well enough made its way to the counter and grinned at me. My muscles relaxed and I joined him on the other side of the counter, before crashing in his arms. I hated to do that in public but being in my boyfriend's arms was all I needed, and he felt it so he held me back. Unlike me, he seemed in a very good mood, which was surprising since he was back from visiting his dad in jail, which was probably by far the least fun thing he had done all summer.

"You look so tired," Rafe laughed.

"Yeah. You were right, I need a break from fish and crab soup," I voiced, as he pulled away from our embrace.

He placed his lips on my forehead and massaged my head, making me close my eyes and moan softly. His fingers relaxed my head and then found their way to my temples on which he drew circles, massaging the sides of my head. His lips didn't leave my forehead, he pressed kisses on it and I melted underneath his touch, wondering if someone had ever made me feel so loved.

"How was it?" I asked him, keeping my eyes closed.

"Great, I have good news," he said, which led me to re-open my eyes and glance at him.

For a minute I got scared he'd tell me they had found a lawyer and his father would be out soon, or that his father had paid enough to be freed, but then I realised that it was stupid, things didn't work like this anymore, so I just nodded. "What is it?" I asked.

"My dad's bequeathing me Cameron Development, so I'm gonna sell it and get a ton of money. Rose gets the properties, I get the business," he voiced, and it took me a long time to process his words and realise it. "No more drug dealing"

I smiled wildly, trying to hide my actual thoughts since he probably wouldn't want to hear it. I found pretty weird how he was so joyful after visiting his father who would never get to spend a single night somewhere else than in his cell. I gave Rafe a tight hug, which he returned just as soon.

"This is great. Your father must really love all of you," I mumbled.

"Yeah, I never doubted it," he smiled.

I nodded and he wrapped his arms more around me. "You should come here more often," I voiced.

"And- you should get back to work-" Rafe broke in, pulling me away from him very unexpectedly.

I frowned but when my eyes met Mike's, my cheeks blushed and I was so embarrassed that I wished I could run away and hide in the bathroom all day. I hated PDA so being caught by my boss hugging my boyfriend made me want to disappear forever. "Yeah, exactly Mr Cameron, you shouldn't distract my employee, let her do her job," Mike Carrera nodded.