24 | NO SHIT SHERLOCK

Outer Banks, Figure-EightJuly 24th, 20203:39pm

July 24th, 2020
3:39pm

Days went by and I really wasn't up to anything else than working, crying, reading our family's log book or trying to get over Rafe. The night I had spent with JJ had not really helped me forgetting about the Kook prince because just like I had predicted, I regretted kissing and having sex with him. We had not seen each other ever since, because I had been busy working and he was busy too, but I hoped things would not be awkward between us when we'd see each other again.

I arrived at Susan's house after riding my bicycle for lasting minutes, hoping she wouldn't be too mad at me for not giving her news in days. I got off my bicycle and rang the bell, waiting for her to come and open the door.

"Who is it?" I heard her asking from the other side of the door.

"Me," I voiced, which, I had to admit, was stupid.

She swung open the front door and her face lit up quite frankly when she saw me, her contagious smile resulting in my lips to slowly form one as well. "I thought you forgot about me, I was so worried, come on get in," she welcomed me, opening the door wider.

I walked in her house and made my way to the living-room, where I sat on the couch before she brought us fresh drinks. I heaved a sigh as I sat down, enjoying to be somewhere else than home or at the Wreck, which started to really make my head hurt. "I'm sorry I didn't visit or call, I was busy working. Oh and also, I scattered my father's ashes at the beach," I announced.

"In the ocean? Sweetie you know that scattering ashes less than 3 nautical miles away from shore is forbidden right?" she told me, which I was absolutely unaware of.

"Yeah, totally," I rolled eyes, acting confident to fool her. "We did it like far, far away from the shore"

She chuckled softly, since she didn't believe me and I wouldn't have believed me neither if I were her, and she placed her hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay? And John B, how is he holding up?" she inquired, wisdom dripping from her voice.

"We're okay, I mean, John B strangely seems fine, he's almost never home and surfs a lot but I'm pretty sure he's okay," I stated, furrowing my brows since I realised we had not really talked in days and it was very unusual, before continuing. "As for me, well my whole life's a mess, I just got hurt by a boy, slept with my best friend, I'm working so much that I'm pretty sure I serve crab soup to stupid kooks even in my dreams"

"Wow slow down girl, did you just say a boy hurt you? Did he hurt your feelings or hit you?" she asked, very concerned to what I could hear.

"He didn't hit me, he just lied and used me so he'd protect his father who turned out to be a fucking murderer," I seethed, since just the thought of Rafe irked me.

Susan's eyes went wider and her face dropped because she probably realised who I was talking about and indeed, it was quite surprising, I had to admit. She removed her hand from my shoulder and brought it to her face to cover her mouth which was also wide open. "You didn't get attached to Rafe Cameron, did you poor girl?" she asked.