11 | HIS YACHT

Outer Banks, the ChateauJuly 13th, 202011:37am

July 13th, 2020
11:37am

That morning, nothing but boredom filled up my body. JJ was working at the Country-club, John B was also occupied working. Kie wasn't in the mood to hang out and Pope was studying which was so stupid, but I couldn't judge him, at least he'd have a future, unlike most of us. I was there, alone, wandering into the small living-room, scanning it to find something to do.

I eventually sat down and turned on tv, since it was so warm outside that I didn't have the courage to walk under the sun and go to the beach to surf alone. I was about to lose my mind when I heard someone knocking at the door, and it could only be one person. Susan liked to visit me during her free time, when she didn't have to deal with Shoupe being the worst officer in the world or with stupid teenagers setting cars on fire.

I paced towards the front door and swung it open, leaving me breathless when I discovered the wealthy man I had spent a good part of my night thinking about standing in front of me. I turned red, white, my legs flinched, I didn't know how to react, but I knew this was bad.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked him.

He looked around and smirked. "That's cute, what do you call it? the Chateau?" he mocked.

"You can't be seen here!" I grabbed his arm and pulled him inside of my house before locking it by turning the key in the lock just in case anyone showed up. "Rafe, I hate you"

"I know yeah, but you said yourself I had to make it up to you," he began. "Let's hang out today"

I somehow didn't get why he always insisted on hanging out with me. I had already told him I wasn't interested in helping him and there was no way he just wanted to be with me, since I was a Pogue and he hated us all. I was the Poguest Pogue and he was the Kookiest Kook ever, we would never work out, even as friends.

"Hang out?" I asked, laughing. "Fine, but one condition, non negotiable"

He kept his eyes on me. "Tell me," he said.

"I wanna see your yacht," I bit my lower lip.

(...)

Outer Banks, the dock
July 13th, 2020
1:07pm

I walked behind him, admiring his muscular back through his white polo, a big smile on my lips as he pointed at his yacht. It was the biggest one, but as expensive as it for sure was, I knew it was only a small part of the Cameron's wealth. I stood there, transfixed, taking in every detail of the yacht. It was truly a sight to behold and the Pogue that I was wasn't supposed to admire this so much.

"Well, well, well," he laughed. "I see you like this, maybe you're not so much of a Pogue in the end"

"I didn't say anything!" I defended myself.