Chapter twelve

(Edited)

ROSE

"Hey, I'm Mike." A tall man with black hair, brown eyes and olive skin said as he took my hand. We were having a big feast-like dinner to celebrate Blake and I finding each other.

We were in the entry way of the house welcoming in the beta family. Apparently it's tradition for the future beta to meet the future alpha's mate before the rest of the pack and vice versa. The rest of the pack knew nothing of us finding each other yet and I was glad to not be overwhelmed with everyone yet.

"Hello, my names Rose." I smiled.

Mikes father stepped forward and grasped my hand in his rough hands, "Jacob." He gruffly said. He looked just like Mike only older and more grey hair.

"Nice I meet you." I was talking in the most polite voice I could muster. Thankfully though, it seemed to be enough. Jacob smiled, "same." He said in a smoother tone. I'm guessing he's not much of a talker.

"Hello sweety, I'm Peyton. Is a pleasure to meet you." A woman with brown hair and grey eyes said. She enveloped me in a light hug that I gladly returned.

Payton and Jacob shook Blake's hand and said their congratulations. Mike gave Blake a rough man hug that looked more like he was fixing to tackle him. I couldn't help but laugh at their childish behavior, they're obviously best friends.

After they separated we walked to the huge dining room to the left of the entry way where Jasmine was already setting food on the table. I quickly ran up to her and helped her set a heavy looking plate on the table.

"Here, I'll set the table." I readily offered.

She started to shake her head but I cut her off before she could say anything.

"You've done too much already, it's not that big of a deal for me to put a couple plates on a table." I smiled and rolled my eyes.

Jasmine laughed, "If you insist." She turned around and headed back into the kitchen.

I grabbed the pile of plates and sat one at each chair until I ran out of plates. Then I went to the kitchen where Blair and Jasmine were nagging over something and grabbed the silverware.

I turned around and hurried to the dining room, not wanting to get pulled into their mother-daughter argument. As soon as I walked through the door way I ran into something hard and fell. But before I hit the floor huge arms caught me and stood me up.

I knew who it was before I looked up. The electricity running around us made it obvious.

"You okay?" Blake asked, a small smirk playing on the corners of his full lips.

"Fine" I smiled. "Just trying to get the table set." I pointed to the dining table.

"Okay, I'll get out of your way then" he laughed. I started to walk around him but he caught my arm and leaned in and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. I was too shocked to say anything and Blake just winked at me and left me standing in the dining room doorway.

I shook my head, trying to get out of the daze I was in. I turned and started to put the forks, knifes, and spoons down by the plates.

I was almost done with the last plate when Mike walked in. I looked up at him and gave him a polite smile and continued to set down the silverware.

"So, what pack did you come from?" He asked, making me jump a little.

"Oh, uh the Crescent moon pack." I stated, briefly looking up at him when I answered.

"Ahh, why'd you leave?" Mike said as he walked closer to me.

"Why does it matter?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders," just want to know." I nodded but didn't answer his question.

'He's a pretty curious guy, isn't he?'

"Well...?" He asked.

I sighed and put down the last fork in my hand. "I honestly don't think it's any of your business. Blake, Jasmine, Blair and the Alpha know. I think that's enough people." I stated, a little annoyed now.

"I'm your future beta, I think I deserve to know." He said as he picked up a fork and twirled it in his hands.

I took the fork out of his hands and sat it back down. "Well, you're going to have to take that up with Blake." I stated and turned around and headed towards the kitchen.

I don't know why I refused to tell him why I left but I knew I didn't want to. I guess the way he acted like he was entitled to knowing everything about me and I wasn't ready to open up to him, or anyone really.

"s