Chapter seventeen

(Edited)

ROSE

The next few days flew by fast, each the same. I would wake up at 5:30 each morning and we would start out with a jog. Of course I beat Blake every time we went running and every time I won I would rub it in his face. Of course I would apologize with a kiss after seeing that his confidence was cut down a bit.

He got back at me for that though, believe me. I may be good at running and defending myself but I was pathetically weak at first. We spent the majority of my training in the gym at the pack house, which is obnoxiously huge by the way, lifting weights and working out on their various machines.

But towards the end of the week I got surprisingly better. Turns out that my mind isn't the only fast learner in me, my muscles grew rapidly and I increased the amount I lifted by 20 pounds each day. My body made itself physically able to do things perfectly that I wasn't able to do the day before.

I was incredibly strong, but I didn't look like it. I was still small but I was much more toned than I was before and spending so much time outside has giving me a nice tanned skin tone. And now I know that if anyone decides to mess with me from now on, well they've got another thing coming. Thinking about anyone messing with me reminded me of my old pack, which were expected any day now.

"How do you think everyone's going to react?" I asked Blake. We were walking on the jogging path in the woods taking our time going back home from training.

"I have no clue. My dad's been talking to their beta but he hasn't told them about you being here." I nodded my head and continued walking. I'm glad they didn't know yet, hopefully they'll ignore me once they find out.

"I talked to my dad about you fighting him yesterday. He laughed at it but said he would do it." Blake said, humor obvious on his face.

"Really? Wow, I hadn't expected him to agree that easily." I laughed, slightly nervous about Blake's deal with me fighting his father.

"Well, he did. So no backing out now." He said, sending me a wink.

"Remind me again why you want me to fight your dad?" I asked, humor in my voice.

"Because you don't want to hurt your peevishly handsome mate. Also, because I don't feel like getting beat by a girl in front of the whole pack." He laughed.

"I don't have to fight him in front of everybody do I?" I asked, feeling my nerves start up full force.

"Of course you do. You need to prove to everyone that you are more than you appear. Inside and out." Blake grabbed my hand and I entwined our fingers.

I sighed. "I guess you're right..." I've met some of the pack members since I started training in their gym to build up my muscle but I haven't been formally introduced to all of them yet. There were about 200 pack members and I've probably met only 10 of them.

"Aren't I always?" Blake smirked.

"Don't push it. It's a very rare occurrence that I admit someone's right." I laughed.

We continued on home and I dragged my feet up the porch stairs. I don't think I can make it to the rest of the day I'm so beat.

"Hey, I think I'm going to go upstairs and take a shower and a nap, I'm so drained." I told Blake, giving him a small peck on the cheek.

"Okay, want me to come with you?" He asked, excitement in his eyes.

I laughed and rolled my eyes, "I think I'm capable of taking a shower and sleeping on my own."

"Nothing wrong with hoping." Blake murmured with a smile before we opened the front door.

I walked to the kitchen to get a drink of water before I went upstairs and found Jasmine bustling around the stove. "What's up with all the food?" I asked.