Chapter thirty seven

ROSE
*PSA***MATURE CONTENT***

"I'm going to go check on everybody." I told Blake as I walked out of the office. He nodded and followed me out.

"You might want to go check on Mike." I said.

"What for?"

"Jordan's his mate." I said smiling brightly.

"Okay but don't wonder to far, babe." He said giving me a wink and a kiss on the cheek.

"Okay" I said before I walked outside and onto the porch. I walked around to the side of the house and found Brendan on the steps there.

"Hey." I said as I sat next to him.

"Hey." He croaked out, his voice heavy with emotion.

"Are you okay?" I asked placing my hand on his back.

He shook his head and wiped what looked like tears off his face. "Do you think I could leave tomorrow to go to my pack? My mate is there and I have to know she's safe." He pleaded with me.

"I'm sure we can, but we'll have to take Blake and some guards with us." I said, thinking through everything. I didn't want any of us going off by ourselves. I'm sure everyone else felt the same.

"You don't need to come." He said. "I mean, you can if you want but I can bring one of the other girls with me, maybe even the guys. You just got your mate back, I'm sure you're going to want to spend time with him."

I nodded. "Okay, but promise me you won't go alone?" I slid my hand to his shoulder.

He covered my hand with his and nodded. "I promise. I'm sure Ella or Sydney would love to come." He laughed. "I might just bring them both."

"I'm sure they'll love that." I laughed.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and stood up. "I'm going to go to bed, I'm sure Jasmine has a sleeping arrangement for everyone. I told her I wanted to stay close to y'all."

He nodded. "Goodnight. Don't let the bed bugs bite." He said sending me his signature cocky smile.

"Goodnight" I laughed.

I headed upstairs and went to mine and Blake's bathroom. I brushed my teeth and hair, thinking about showering but realizing I was too tired to do so. I opened the door and gasped and jumped.

"Wholly sh... Blake! You scared me." I said as I walked over to him sitting on the edge of his bed.

He laughed. "Sorry." But he didn't sound sincere.

I sat on his lap, both my legs on either side of him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his head down in the crook of my neck where my mark was.

"God I missed you so much, Rose. You have no idea." He mumbled, breathing in my scent.

"I missed you too." I felt tears sting my eyes once again. I slid my hand up and tangled my fingers in his hair, breathing in his scent as well.

Blake leaned his head up and cradled my cheek in his hand. I saw so much love and compassion swimming in his eyes, I couldn't hold back anymore. I crushed my lips to his and he instantly responded.

Our lips moved together in sync like they were made for each other. Well, I guess they kind of were. I trailed my hands down his chest then back up to his hair, lightly pulling at the small strands there.

I pushed him to where he was laying down but we never broke the kiss. His arms wondered down to the hem of my shirt and he started to pull it off. I broke the kiss briefly and held my hands up to make it easier for him to pull my shirt off.