Chapter sixteen

(Edited)

ROSE

I woke up the next morning to face planting on the cold hard wood floor of Blake's room.

"Ugh, what the hell man?" I asked, grumpy from my rude awakening.

"Rise and shine." Blake said, peaking his eyes over the edge of the bed. "It is exactly 5:34 am and we're going jogging!" He sounded way to excited.

"And here I thought I was the morning person." I grumbled as I got to my feet.

"Go get on some clothes and let's go!" He said, sounding like a five year old on Christmas morning and ignoring my last comment.

I sighed and marched out of his room and down the hall to mine. I grabbed a pair of yellow Nike shorts and a black tank top. I pulled on my bright blue tennis shoes and pulled my hair into a pony tail. I opened the door and met Blake back in his room.

"Ready?" He asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I grumbled and followed him back out of his room and downstairs. He headed towards the kitchen.

"Water or Gatorade?" He asked as he opened up the fridge.

"I'll go with water." I said, not really caring about either.

"Good choice" he said and threw me a cold bottle of water.

We walked outside and he told me that we needed to stretch. After 10 minutes of stretching, my limbs loose and feeling great, we took off towards the forest.

At first I was having trouble keeping up with Blake, I was never one to be into sports. I enjoyed reading way more than getting sweaty and hot for no apparent reason. After a while though, I found myself easily staying at his pace. It kind of felt like I was holding back so I took a deep breath and decided to give it all I had, not holding anything back.

I started to get ahead of Blake and I saw he picked up his pace, we were even now. I pushed myself further, all the way to my limit and found I was way faster than him. I literally left him in the dust as I soared ahead of him and deeper into the woods. The feeling of the early morning air running through my now loose ponytail.

I decided to leave the trail we were running on and I went into a thicker part of the forest where I had to dodge constantly out of the way to avoid hitting any trees or big rocks. I entered a huge clearing and suddenly stopped dead in my tracks. I was in awe of what I found, it was the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

There was a small waterfall leading to a small lake that had a rocky bottom and crystal clear water. There were lily pads in some spots and tinny orange and silver fish swam in the shallow parts. It was completely breath taking, this place seemed almost magical.

Suddenly Blake emerged from the woods behind me, huffing and puffing tiredly. "I had no idea you were that fast." He panted out, putting his hands in his knees.

I turned around to look at him. "I didn't either." I smiled at his state, feeling proud of myself.

I reached out and grabbed his hand and pulled him with me to the edge of the lake. "You need to take a break." I laughed as I sat down in the soft grass surrounding the lake.

"You don't even look winded!" He said sounding amazed.

"Well I'm not winded, I feel like I could run on forever. This is really weird." I shrugged my shoulders, not thinking too much of it.

"Well I was running as fast as I ever had and you still were way ahead of me." I could tell he needed a confidence booster so I leaned towards him and kissed his lips passionately.