Chapter twenty three

ROSE

I don't know how long I cried but my mom held me the whole time. She whispered apologies in my ear and rubbed my back until my sobs stopped.

"I need to go find Blake and tell him." I mumbled.

She nodded her head, "Okay. But, Rose." She said almost desperately. "I know I haven't been the mom you deserve and I know I've said unforgivable things to you but I need you to know that I love you, with all my heart."

I sniffled some more from crying, refusing to cry anymore. "I know mom, I love you too."

I left my mother in her room and walked down the hall and two flights of stairs before I found everyone in the huge kitchen. They all stopped talking as soon as I walked in. I was probably a sight to see with red eyes and a tear streaked face.

Blake was in front of me in an instant, looking at me with worry flooding his eyes. "What happened?" He asked urgently.

"If mom hurt you I swear-" Tom started.

"She didn't hurt me." I cut him off. "She told me everything."

Everyone was quiet as I told them everything my mother said to me. I was crying the whole time and Blake had me in his lap with his arms wrapped protectively around me. I tried to look strong and stop crying but the harder I tried to stop the more I ended up crying.

"Let's go home okay?" Blake asked. "It's almost time for your surprise." He was trying to get my mind off this whole thing, I could tell and I loved him for it.

"That sounds amazing, let's go." I said as I slid off his lap and grabbed his hand. I started to walk out of the kitchen when I realized Blair and Tom weren't following us.

"You guys coming?" I asked.

"Nah, we'll meet you guys there in a bit." Tom said, giving Blake a knowing glance.

"Uh, okay then. Bye."

"Bye!" Blair said- more like squealed.

"What's up with them?" I asked Blake as we stepped outside into the cool evening air.

I'm not sure how long I was with my mom but I was still surprised by the fact that the sun was now setting around us.

"Beats me." Blake shrugged, swinging our entwined hands between us as we walked towards the edge of the forest.

I nodded and continued walking. "Can you at least tell me where my surprise is going to be tonight?"

"Nope. Everything's a secret." He said with a smug look on his face.

"Ugghh." I groaned, stomping my foot a little.

"Did you just stomp your foot at me?" Blake asked, the look of surprise and amusement on his face.

"Yes. What're you going to do about it?" I joked.

"This-" Blake said before picking me up off the ground and tickling me.

"No! No, st-op!" I said between laughs unable to control the embarrassing laughs escaping my mouth.

My flailing around caused us both to fall to the ground. Luckily for me, I landed on Blake, braking my fall but not so lucky for him. Blake made a big 'oomph' sound as I landed on him.

"Oh I'm sorry." I laughed. "Are you okay?"

Blake laughed. "I'm perfect babe. As long as you're with me I will always be more than okay."