CHAPTER 45 - Cypress

⚠️: TRIGGER WARNINGS AHEAD (Gunshots, blood, triggering words, and self harm.) READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

CYPRESS VARSHA ZENEBE(P

(P.O.V)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

PART I

Please not again...

I can't lose her... again.

Never again.

"Damn it! Damn it as fuck!" I hissed and slammed my table.

"Calm down, Zenebe." Kyla said, and used her rare formality of tone. I looked at her and the mastermind angrily, as if I'd been keeping this rage for a very long time now.

"This is all your fault." I pointed my fingers towards the mother of my girlfriend. "All your fault! Kung sinabi niyo nalang kasi ang totoo ay hindi na sana tayo aabot sa ganito!"

Kyla looked away while tita Alex managed to keep her cool. She appears to be both calm and exhausted, but I can attest that she is actually writhing in agony inside due to her worries.

"You know that plan, Cypress." is her only response and I fought the urge to say the words that I've been keeping so I can avoid to hurt her feelings.

But I can't anymore.

I'm fucking losing my control.

"That plan is stupid and nonsense kung pinaabot mo lang ng ganito katagal." Parang ako ay sasabog sa galit at poot. Ang mga nagbabadyang luha ay hinayaan ko nang pumatak dahil ang hirap nitong pigilan.

"It was for the good!" Pamimilit n'ya pa. Her voice broke.

"Good? What do you mean good? Right! Think about it! Tell me, tita Alex! Lahat ba nang 'to ay kasama sa plano mo?! Tell me! Kasama ba sa plano na umalis si Khione...?!"

Tita Alex shrank her eyes as she pursued her lips and it took her a moment before answering, "No... just a mere coincidence."

"The fuck? Coincidence? Naririnig niyo po ba 'yung sinasabi niyo?!" Marahas akong napakamot sa ulo. "Pinatagal mo pa kasi! Pinatagal mo pa 'yang tanginang plano na 'yan! Why? Because you're a coward! You're a coward, tita Alex! Duwag ka!"

"Cypress, tama na!" Kyla screamed. She was about to walk towards me but tita Alex stopped her midway.

I can sense that something snapped inside her. Her eyes widened in horror while tears threatened to fall from the peak of her eyes. I can't help but gulp horribly.