My Turn To Smile

" I hope you like  adventures," he said as we continued walking down the streets of LA.

"Sure," I replied, wondering where on earth we were going.

We had already been walking for a while, and I was lost.

I hoped  he knew where we were going.

I was surprised when we stopped at a smaller looking park, under a big white oak.

"Here," he smiled, pointing up the tree.

I looked at him, not quite sure I understood what in the hell he was referring to.

He rolled his eyes and did the strangest thing.

He started to climb.

There was no way.

I laughed when his hand came down, and he offered to help me up.

"I'm not getting up there," I said.

"Oh, yes you are," he responded. "You did just fine in that balloon, and a little tree won't hurt you," he said.

I pouted, but finally took his outstretched hand.

"Fine," I grumbled.

I scratched myself a little, but decided to just shut up and not whine about it.

We continued to climb as far up as we could go, and finally got to the top.

I looked out across the courtyard trying not to notice the height and was pleasantly surprised that I could see the ocean from this high up.

I also couldn't help but notice Matt's grip still on my hand. It would have been cute, if my hand wasn't blue from loss of circulation.

That's when it hit me.

"Matt, you're afraid of heights aren't you?"

He looked at me, and for a second I caught a glimpse of his inner scaredy cat. Then, his face turned serious.

"Pfft, no," he laughed nervously.

I giggled and told him, "I am too."

He smiled and gave my hand a squeeze. "Well then let's get the hell down from here."

"I agree," I said.

We laughed at each others struggles to get down, and we laughed harder when we both crashed into the ground.

He grabbed my hand once more, and we headed for the nearest Taco Bell.

Sure it wasn't fancy, but it was good. After we ate, I noticed it was starting to get late.

Had we really been gone that long?

"Well," I said as we left the restraunt, "Guess we can go meet your other friends and see what ours are up to," I said.

He smiled for the hundredth time and nodded, leading me outside.

"You smile too much," I teased him.

"You know I haven't actually smiled like this in a really long time," he said.

"Why are you just starting?" I asked.

"I dunno," he replied.

"I think its you."