Bad Dreams

I walked out into the middle of this big open field, feeling the grass under my feet.

I have no clue how I got here, but I twirled in all the daisies around me, and suddenly I felt a hand tug me to the side.

I turned toward the pull, and found that my hand was firmly in Matthew's. He smiled.

"I love you so much Dakota," he chimed.

All I could do was smile.

He disappeared, and I looked around at where I was. I was in the forest now, and I was Ashely.

What?

I heard a whistle, and found myself being raised in the air, once I was back on the ground, I looked right into Shawn's eyes.

Shawn?

  Next thing I knew, I was ejected from Ashley's body, but watched from the background as they kissed.

It was so sweet.

All of a sudden, Matthew was pulling me again, and I was running, trying to keep up with him.

We passed Cady and Shayne making out, and Liz with some guy that I swear looked just like Orlando Bloom.

I even saw Star, wearing Taylor's bandana, and teasing him with it.

Matthew pulled me further into the woods, far away from them all, and finally came to a stop beside a fairly small tree.

"This," he said, "was you before you met them. Alone and weak."

I nodded and frowned.

"This," he said pointing to a much taller tree, " is you with them now. Strong and cared for."

I  began smiling and nodding.

He took an axe from behind his back and began chopping the roots from the bigger tree.

"YOU WILL END UP ALONE," he screamed.

I backed up, confused and dazed.

He walked towards me, grabbing the collar of my shirt and pulled my face close to his.

"Dakota," he whispered. His breath was hot on my face.

"Yes?"

"You are nothing," he said in a hostile tone.

"Now, wake up," he growled.

"Wake up."