Confessions

As we entered Brixx Pizza, I decided to treat everyone.

"Get what you want, I'm buying," I said, pulling out my mom's card.

She did say not to worry about overcharge, so she could buy dinner.

The group hollered and everyone ordered their food.

We took turns saying thank you to the boys for the tour, and they all nodded.

Was I the only one who noticed the strange way they were acting?

"Alright, what's going on?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Taylor asked, but I could tell he knew what I was talking about.

"There's something you guys aren't telling us," I pointed out.

They all looked at one another, until it was Shawn who spoke up.

"OK yeah, we do have something to tell you."

"OK spill the beans," said Star.

"Well," continued Shawn, "The rest of our friends are coming in tomorrow, and we kind of want to be selfish an keep you girls to ourselves."

We looked at him confused, and he turned his attention to Ashely.

"So Ashely, will you go out with me?" Shawn asked.

Oh, my god.

We all knew from the first second that this would happen.

She smiled and unsurprisingly nodded and they stared at each other for the longest time until Taylor spoke up.

"Alright, well I guess I'm next. Shawn, hopefully I'll have the same luck," he said standing up.

He held his hand out to Star, and said, "Do you want to go for a walk?"

She started laughing and replied, "And I thought you'd never ask."

Taylor chuckled and grasped her hand tightly as they walked from the table.

I looked up at Liz as she stood, and announced that she was asking for the guy at the counter's number, and nobody better stop her.

I finally found my gaze with Matthew, and my heart stopped. He looked so sad.

My breath caught in my throat as I realized he had probably wanted one of the girls who was already off with someone else.

I felt tears well up in my eyes, and shame for even thinking I stood a chance next to my friends.

I rose from the table, and grabbed the bill, and headed for the register to pay.

As I walked into the cool night of the city, I allowed it all to roll off my shoulders. I wouldn't let this ruin my vacation.

Next thing I knew, I heard the door open behind me, and Matthew's voice filled my ears.

"Kota, can I talk to you for a second?" he asked, and I agreed halfheartedly, thinking he probably needed advice on what to do now.

"Um, well there's this girl," he started.

I nodded, feeling the tears form in my eyes again.

I just barely met this boy.

Why am I so upset?

Stop it Dakota, I told myself.

"And I'm not really good at expressing myself, and I want to tell her how beautiful and intelligent I think she is, but I think that she might find it creepy because we barely know each other. Anyways, I want to ask her out. Should I?" he finished.

"Well," I replied, "I think you should do what feels right. If you want her and you think she's worth it, go for it," I told him.

He nodded, thinking about what I said, and finally after what seemed like ages, and I was about to walk away, he spoke.

"Dakota, I know its a lot to ask, but will you be mine?" I was stunned into silence.

All I could do was stare at him in disbelief.

That really just happened.

He stared into my eyes, and I guess what he saw scared him.

"I'm sorry, its probably too soon," he said. He turned and began walking away.

"WAIT," I screamed a little too loud.

He jumped and turned back to face me.

"Yes," I said.

"What?" he asked stunned. I looked him right into those perfect brown eyes and made a decision I knew I instantly loved the thought of.

"Matthew, of course." I smiled and finally was able to catch my breath.

Now our spring break was finally going to be the best.