New Experiences

"Oh hell to the no!" Liz screamed.

"I am so not wearing that," she said pointing to the vests we were going to be forced to put on.

I hushed her as I approached the girl at the front counter.

She looked bored as I pulled out my mom's credit card.

She owed me for not worrying like the other parents were about her own child.

I read the sign carefully and decided to go with the best and most expensive option they had.

"I think we'll take the two hour whole course package please," I told her politely handing over the card.

Good thing my mother never checks the bill, so we don't have to worry about her finding out where we are.

The girl who's name tag read Eloise slid my card reluctantly and began typing our names into the computer.

She looked about our age, and her hair was dyed all kinds of crazy colors, almost like a unicorn had thrown up on her head.

"You're in room 4," she said, pointing down the halway to her left.

"Thanks, I said, but lagged a big behind my friends.

She just looked so lonely...

"Hey Eloise," I said to her. She lifted her head, almost shocked that someone was conversating with her.

"Yes?"

"Would you be interested in hanging out with me and my friends sometime? I know that it's hard to sit here all day working and never get out," I confessed.

"That obvious huh?" she asked embarrassed.

I smiled and grabbed a complementary pen from the counter and a napkin from my purse and wrote my number down.

"Just text me when you're free and we'll set something up." I turned and ran after my friends.

"Hey Dakota!" Eloise yelled after me.

I turned and looked at her as she yelled thank you.

I smiled and waved one last time before entering the room.

I laughed harder than I had in a long long time.

They were all dressed in black and sported bright orange vests.

"About time you showed up," Ashely remarked.

"Get suited up," Star squealed.

I changed quickly and we sat chatting for a bit about the ugly yet badass outfits before a large burly guy walked in to give us our begginers instructions.

We all listened intently, and I held in my giggles as I realized my friends were actually really excited to do this.

We were then led through another door and allowed to choose our ammo and grab our guns.

It was paintball time, and I was gonna bring the pain.