Bonfire

We had all kept in good contact in getting everything ready for the bonfire.

Nate and Sammy weren't kidding when they said they had a great spot.

Liz and Chris brought hot dogs to roast, and the makings for s'mores.

Shawn and Ashely brought entertainment (Shawn's lungs), and everyone really was having a great time.

My girls were in their guys' arms just like me, and we were all swaying to a song Shawn was playing. Everything was perfect...

That was until Eloise showed up.

"Hey guys,", she smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.

I stiffened and felt Matt's arms tighten around me to keep me from wringing her stupid neck.

"What in the hell are you doing here?" Liz asked.

I had told them all about that night in the parking lot, and once one hates you, we all hate you.

She stood planted in her spot and pointed her grubby little finger at me.

"I've come to tie up loose ends with her," she said.

I knew what she meant, and so did everyone else.

"Dammmmnn," Jack and Jack said at the same time.

"Get her Kota," Nate called.

"Oh its about to go down!" Sammy said.

"I'll spray her eyes!" Aaron offered, holding up the bug spray he brought.

Taylor , Star, and Chris laughed, and Matt's arms stayed locked in place.

I was ready to whoop this bitch back to North Carolina and back.

It was then that Eloise started for me, like an idiot.

Next thing I knew, our perfect little bonfire was turned into a giant war.

Ashely jumped on Eloise's back, pulling her hair as far back as she could.

Liz tried to pull Ashely off, but it was no use.

Star decided to run up and put a slight smack on Eloise's head, and I was still squirming in Matt's arms.

"Let me go," I told him.

"I don't think that's a good idea," he said as everyone watched Eloise get on top of Ashely.

I didn't have to say anything else.

Matt's arms left my body, and I walked calmly over to where the two girls were fighting.

I grabbed the same handful of hair that I dragged her out of the car with, and jerked her off of Ashely.

I watched as Liz and Star picked Ashely up off the ground, and I still stood with a screaming Eloise sitting next to me.

I still hadn't let go of her hair, and I didn't know if I was done with her.

She had come here looking for me, and that's what I was fixing to give her.

I'm not exactly the nicest person when you come mess with me and my friends.

"Stand up," I said letting go of her hair and allowing her to get to her feet.

She wiped her mouth where she'd been scratched by Liz's claws.

"C'mon! You came for me didn't you!?" I yelled at her.

She cut her eyes to Matt for a split second, and I caught it.

"Don't look at him. That right there," I said pointing at him, "He's mine."

She frowned and started coming at me quick.

I ducked under her first blow, and realized she was just trying to fight with an open palm.

What a twat (as Ashely had called her so many times before).

I made a fist and punched forward with as much force as I could get I to my arm, and watched in slow motion as Eloise hit the ground hard.

Everyone shouted "ooooh" as she picked herself back up, and her face started to swell.

She cried as she turned and walked away, limping ever so slightly.

I shook out the pain forming in my hand as Ashely was still adjusting her clothes, Liz was filing the nails she broke, and Star was popping out jokes about how wimpy Eloise had been.

I looked up, and found Matt standing in font of me. I hadn't wanted to let him see me like that, but he couldn't stop himself from cracking a smile.

"That's my girl," he chuckled.

I smiled back, and blushed as he planted a soft kiss on my freshly bruised knuckles.

Just as I was assessing the damage to the group, my phone rang.

It was Cady. Why was she calling me?

"Hello," I said.

"Kota," she replied, her voice cracking.

You could tell she'd been crying her eyes out, and Cady never cries.

"Cady, what's wrong?" I asked concerned.

"Kota, I'm so sorry."

"What happened to you? Did someone hurt you? Is Shayne okay?" I asked her.

Everyone looked at me, noticing the concern in my voice.

"Everything alright?" Matt asked. I shrugged.

"Cady?"

"Kota, its your parents. T-T-They missed you all so much, they all went t-t-to d-d-dinner together, and ..." She paused.

I started shaking. "Cady what happened?"

"Kota, you have to come home. They're all hurt really bad. They were hit by a semi. Kota, they flipped over the guard rail. The doctors aren't sure who's gonna be okay yet. Its bad."

I couldn't speak.

Couldn't breathe.

"K-kota, your mom. I couldn't even recognize her, and Liz's mom went through a windshield. Both of Star's parents are in surgery right now, and Ashely's dad has a broken back. Please, you have to come home," she said panicked.

I couldn't feel.

I couldn't hear.

The phone dropped out of my hand as I went numb, and I felt Matt catch me before I hit the gt and sobbing.

Liz grabbed my phone, putting it on speaker as Cady had to repeat the horrific news.

One of our parents could be dead right now.

One of our parents could still die.

We all sunk into the boys as we sobbed uncontrollably.

I tried standing up over all the cries, and looked at my girls.

"Its time to get tickets home," I said through the tears.

They all nodded and allowed the guys to help them off the ground.

As we headed back to the hotel, we broke into more sobs when we knew we'd have to say goodbye.

Of course they couldn't come with us, they had Magcon to worry about.

I texted Cady our flight landing time, and let Matt help me pack my things.

All the guys were here, and they were all silently picking things up and handing them to us.

You could feel the grief as we continued crying and pausing in between packing sessions  to hug each other.

We were going home, and we were gonna have to tell the truth about everything.

The trip, the boys, all the lies.

But most important of all, we were going to have to remind them how much we loved them, because none of us knew if they would be okay.