Goodbye Star

--- Taylor's POV ---

"Taylor, i-i-it's not f-fair," she stuttered.

I looked into those eyes I fell in love with the first time I saw them on that airplane on the way back from picking up Nash.

"I know," I said. I wiped away her tears, and held back my own. "Remember all those times we snuck to our little spot under the slide?" I offered.

She smiled slightly, before slipping back into the sadness she was feeling.

I felt weird.

We had agreed to see each other every opportunity we had.

I still wasn't anywhere near ready to let go of her.

We would be two worlds away and it wasn't fair.

I pulled her as close to me as I could get her, and felt more sobs take her over. Her parents were in trouble and they were lucky to have her by their side.

I reached down and gently brought her face back to mine.

We kissed for what seemed like only a second before the announcement surfaced for all passengers to board.

She squeezed me one last time, and I reached for her as she turned away.

I knew she wouldn't look back. I wouldn't have been able to either.

Once they were out of sight, I watched Matt and Shawn make their way to some empty chairs by the window.

Chris and I followed, and I noticed the same heartbreak on his face that I was feeling in my heart.

I grabbed him and pulled him into a tight hug.

Johnson announced they would give us some space, and meet us back at the hotel. I hated feeling this way, and watching my friends crash down with me.

Honestly, what broke my heart the most, was that my girl was on a plane, bawling her eyes out with injured parents, and I couldn't hold her.

Thank god she wasn't alone.