Goodbye Ashely

--- Shawn's POV ---

I couldn't take it anymore.

I didn't want her to leave, but she had to go back for her parents.

I rocked her gently as she cried silently into my chest. I pulled back.

"Hey," I whispered. "Gorgeous its okay, I promise."

She looked into my eyes as she kept crying, but nodded slightly. I wasn't sure how to comfort her, so I took out the paper that'd been in my pocket for days.

I meant to give it to her at some point, but I hated that it was under these circumstances.

This isn't how it was supposed to happen.

They guys and I had agreed when we called dibs on the girls, we wouldn't get too attached because eventually they would go back home and we would continue the tour.

Sure Magcon was great and all, but I'd give it all for her, and that wasn't part of what the guys and I had discussed.

She looked confused at first, an started to unwravel the paper. I put my hands on hers to stop her.

"Just, just wait until your on the plane," I told her as her confused face came over her features again.

I moved my hands to her face, and she allowed her eyes to close as she accepted the comfort.

"Shawn," she started, but I cut her off.

I knew she didn't know what to say.

"Neither do I," I said.

She opened her eyes and the corner if her mouth moved up a tiny bit.

That was the closest I was getting to a smile, and I wasn't going to push it. I brought her to my chest once more.

"Don't ever forget me," she muffled into my neck.

"Never," I promised. "I'll call every day and we'll face time and I'll visit you," I said.

She clutched me harder as the speaker came over us to announce for everyone to board. I wasn't ready. I knew I had to do what was right.

I gave her one last long kiss, and told her to have a safe flight. I watched her hug the other guys, and turn to look at me one last time before going through the gate.

I fell apart.

I followed Matt to some empty seats as we both let ourselves go. He shook ever so slightly as he cried and I felt the tears escape where they'd hidden from Ashely.

I watched through the blurred world as Taylor hugged Chris, them trying to comfort each other, and the other guys said they'd give us a bit and meet us back at the hotel. We'd be here a while.

They were gone, and we were all hopelessly lost.