Goodbye Liz

--- Chris' POV ---

"Love, I promise I'm going to do everything in my power to come see you," I told her.

I planned on taking all my vacation days at work and following her shortly after she left.

I wanted to be with her while she had to go through all this stuff with the accident.

Good thing I rarely missed work.

I watched as she wiped away a stray tear, and allowed her hair to fall in front of her face.

I brushed it back and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead. "I'll be right behind you," I told her.

"You better be," she halfheartedly smiled.

I knew she was worried about her parents, and I didn't blame her. Looking around at the others, you could just feel the nervousness and the grief.

I hadn't told them I was chasing her down to Asheville for a couple weeks.

I knew the Magcon tour wouldn't allow them to go, and I was actually kinda scared to tell them because I didn't want them to be mad at me since they couldn't do the same thing.

I pulled her into a tight hug as she tried to keep calm.

"You don't have to always try to be so strong all the time. Its okay to let go," I whispered in her ear. "If you need to fall, I'll catch you every time."

She shuddered, but still she wouldn't allow the breakdown she needed. I rubbed my hand down the back of her hair, and sighed.

She was so stubborn.

I loved her for it.

We heard the announcement, and I felt her pull away.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too," she said.

"I'll bring Thor and root beer I swear," I joked.

Usually at the mention of Chris Hemsworth and the surgery fizzy drink she would have a cute comeback, but all I got was an attempt at a smile, and it was hard not to pull her back to me.

"I'll see you later then," she said.

"Of course, love." I watched her grab her friends, and she waved as she entered the loading gate and hand in her ticket.

I waved back, and turned to find Shawn comforting Matt.

They were both allowing the tears to flow.

Taylor approached me with a hug, and I was greatful for it. I knew they were all pretty broken up about it.

Once Taylor let go, I turned to the boys.

"There's something I should tell you guys," I confessed.

They all turned their attentions toward me, and I knew it was time to come clean about what I planned on doing within the next couple weeks.