I'm not weird

Dear god I'm sorry for taking so long to upload, I'm nearing the end of my semester and I've barely gotten by. Thank you all for your patience, this chapter is more of a filler to make up for not uploading. Also if anyone wishes to support me I have a patreon where you'll find things like early concept art for any future and old chapters. Any and all donations received will be used to make more custom art for this story. Let's get into the chapter now.

Cloud's POV:

He didn't really know what to make of his current situation. He wasn't uncomfortable or anything like that, he just wasn't used to the position he found himself in. While he sat on the living room couch watching a movie he wasn't completely alone, beside him was a pink haired girl who had her hand intertwined with his. He could feel as she would occasionally lean on him or place her head on his shoulder, he felt himself at a loss with what to properly do in these situations.

"Are you ok Cloud?" He heard the soft voice of the girl next to him.

He slightly nodded.

"I'm fine" He tried to sound as relaxed as possible.

"Then why is your hand so tense?" She asked in a knowing tone.

"Sorry Sera, i'm just trying to get used to this" He sighed.

"Does holding your hand bother you?" She asked in a worried tone.

"No!" He exclaimed, he didn't want her to believe she was annoying him. "I'm just trying to figure out what else i can do to make you feel more comfortable"

He saw as her face gained a look of surprise and then immediately she bursted out into laughter.

"Oh Cloud really?" She asked in amusement.

"What?" He frowned slightly.

"You don't have to do anything. It's like I said, I love what we had as friends. The only difference now is that we're together in a romantic way." She unclasped their hands and decided to wrap her arms around his and laid her head on his shoulder.

"We didn't hold hands like this before" He mused out loud.

"Yeah we didn't but doesn't this feel nice?" She smiled sweetly at him. "I like the way you feel, the way you look at me, the way you've been even more gentle with me. That's the difference from before" She nuzzled her head on his shoulder.

"I...also feel content holding you close" He admitted while looking away from her. "I'm happy like this"

"Really?" She lifted her head and beamed happily at him.

"Yeah, it's hard to explain but having you near me this way makes me feel like I've finally done something right" His tone carried a certain sadness to it.

"You've done everything right, even now being this awkward and weird next to me is making me happy?" He stared at her with a blank gaze at which she only giggled.

"I'm not weird" He grumbled.

"You can be, especially when someone mentions dancing" His eyebrow twitched in annoyance. "The point is that I'm more than happy with how things are going right now, slow and steady is the right pace for the both of us" She sighed contently.

"I just hope I live up to your expectations" He looked back towards the screen playing the movie they had forgotten about.

"You already have Cloud" He felt as her hand turned his face towards her. "You don't need to change a thing at all, just stay with me like this." She leaned her face close to his.

"I promise I will" he firmly stated.

"I know" She kissed him softly to which he clumsily returned as well. "We'll need to work on that kissing skill" She giggled at his indignant look.

"Well sorry for my lack of experience, you're literally the first girl I've ever been with" He rolled his eyes at her.

"That just means we can practice as much as we want" She said slyly.

He stared at her in surprise.

"Since when did you get so bold?" He asked in wonder.

"Since the moment I finally obtained the man of my dreams, now let's start practicing!" Her words made his eyes widen.

"What?" He asked dumbly. He saw as she pounced towards him with a mischievous smile. "Hey Sera Stop!"

Both fell off the sofa and onto the floor while Cloud only grumbled and Seraphine laughed in joy.

Hope you guys enjoyed this short chapter, I really didn't want to end this month without publishing anything new. Soon I'll be free to write even more, school has been a pain for a while. Anyways to all those that new I'd appreciate a follow and a vote on this story, next week I'll be sure to continue the main story as this chapter was more of a filler. That's all for now thank you for reading my story and for all the support! :)