Home

Yup two chapters. It's been so long that I wasn't gonna go and just upload one. It's insulting and I definitely want to make the waiting worthwhile. Last chapter in the spirit blossom/Ahri arc. Also I'm thinking of trying something related to Nikke although I don't want to use Cloud or any other character, I want to make an OC. I'm not confident yet but I think I can pull something off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cloud POV

“So a puddle almost did you in?” Cloud sighed at his companions' question.

“Is that really what you're going to ask?”

“I mean it's a puddle, and out of everything that has happened to you imagine if a puddle of dirty water ended your adventure early” Toru smiles cheekily.

“ Yeah whatever” he rolled his eyes.

“Relax I'm joking” Toru giggled in a weird animal way. “Just trying to alleviate you after encountering the guide”

“Is that what you call her?”

“Spirit, Gumiho, soul eater, fox demon, whichever you desire” Cloud pondered on all those names.

“How does something that young have so many titles?”

“Uh…Cloud?”

“Yeah?” He asked.

“She's been around for at least five hundred years” Cloud’s eyes widened.

“But Ahri doesn't look even close to her thirties!” He couldn't believe it, guess now he wondered why she never spoke about her age.

“Yeah, spiritual beings have a long lifespan, I'm one hundred and fifteen myself” Toru sounded proud. “By the way you said you had a mate right?”

“I guess in the terms you would use, then yes I have one” he shrugged. “Why?”

“I just find it interesting that now you're being courted by another female, the counterpart to that troublesome fox” he could almost hear how Toru's eyes rolled.

“She's not in a relationship with me” he quickly added. “I'm just helping her get through her problem”

Toru hummed in contemplation.

“But you agreed to be her tether and she marked you as her mate. A female that does that already has decided who her life partner will be” Cloud shook his head at his explanation.

“She said that it was only until the festival ended” he tried to defend.

“Cloud when you agree to be a tether you are bound both in flesh and spirit. It's significantly important, if you were to go back on it, it could lead to serious issues” Cloud was now dreading what he had just agreed to.

“Issues like what?” He asked.

“Her heart being broken, unable to find love, depression, loss of will and many other self destructive things” Toru gently explained.

Cloud felt his fists squeeze shut as he grit his teeth.

“I didn't know, if I had I would have-” the back of his head was thumped.

“No cloud, honestly once she marked you and once she had her sight set on you, it was only a matter of time” Toru sighed. “I understand for humans having more than one mate can be difficult or abnormal but that's love”

“Being passed around and having to share is love?” He asked dryly.

“No Cloud. Being there no matter what, encouraging, supporting, knowing that despite it all you still feel moved by the ones that want to hold you. The instinct to defend, to nurture, to hold and to devote yourself in turn as they do to you, that's what love can be” Toru sounded melancholic.