You don't deserve a single extra second

Ok time to kick things off. I'll try to pack in two matches per chapter so as to not make this arc unnecessarily too long while also not making it too short. Chapters will be a bit longer from now on too since I'm currently unemployed and have a bit more free time, so hopefully you guy's won't mind too much. I'm excited for this one!

Sett's POV

He enjoyed watching the look of surprise on their faces. In all honesty he didn't really have much input into the matches, all he did was make some suggestions and the match organizers did the rest.

Organizing and stuff related to it wasn't his forte, he was more of a pay and punch kind of guy. That was why he had people who did things like this for him, it was also why Alune was the manager for his group.

At first he was really skeptical of this Cloud guy, it wouldn't be the first time someone pretended to be a great guy for his cousin and her friends only to try to milk them for all their cash.

He remembered the first time he bashed the head of the first guy that made Ahri cry, they had always been close in their younger years. Both were outcasts, both were always looked down upon, but both also rose and never gave up.

Now that he had gotten to know Cloud a bit more he was confident he was the one for her. He turned a blind eye towards the happenings that were going on, but he wasn't stupid. He knew for a fact that the rest of the girls wanted a piece of him as well, he didn't know whether to congratulate him or feel sorry for him.

"Damn it!" Akali stomped her foot like a child. "I wanted to fight first, I've been waiting all week!" She crossed her arms.

"You're not the only one so stop complaining" Yasuo huffed.

"Easy for you to say your match is the third!" She glared

"And I relish having this over you" he smirked.

"Could be worse" Cloud muttered.

"Shut up, you're second!" Akali pointed a finger towards him.

"Not my fault" he shrugged.

Akali turned towards Sett and glared.

"Not my fault either, I had no hand in the pairings" he waved a hand dismissively.

"Ugh!" She huffed. "Whatever, I'll take the time to analyze your moves" she smirked at Cloud.

"Go for it, not like it'll help" Cloud shot back.

"Hah!" Sett barked out. "Both of you better bring your A game against me. I won't hold back!"

"You know what they say, the bigger they are~" Yasuo taunted.

"And the smaller they are, the easier they're crushed" Sett crossed his arms and smirked dangerously.

*Clack*

The sound of the door opening interrupted them. They turned towards the entrance of their waiting room and watched as a few people started to pour in.

"Seems like the rest are just arriving" Sett said as he looked over each and every contestant.

"Just in time" Yasuo raised an eyebrow.

"We were the ones who arrived early, remember?" Cloud hummed as he also stared at the competition.

They watched as everyone started to take in their surroundings, a few were more easy going and immediately raided the snack table. Others were reserved and tucked themselves in a corner as soon as they entered.

He did recognize a few faces, notably Rackan and Karma. He was also surprised to see a legendary mercenary like Zed and the blind master, Lee Sin along with the monkey vastaya Wukong and Master Yi, the legendary swordsman. All three of them were formidable yet none as dangerous as Karma, she was the one they had to look out for.