I don't mean it like that!

Ahri's POV

The importance of the festival for Ahri was very big. The chance of feeling the other side was something of a very special moment for her kind, although it wasn't all fun and games.

A prodigy like her could easily get in tune with the veil separating both world's, although her personality would change as she came in contact with lots of different emotions. The negative energy was higher along with the positive, this overwhelming energy affected her mental state along with her physical appearance.

For these cases most vastayans need some kind of tether to keep the influence of the spirit realm from clouding her mind. She usually relied on her friends but this time she had someone special, someone who she could trust to help her through this process.

The only difference between her friends and Cloud was that with the girls they couldn't really comprehend the intimate feeling of merging with the spirit realm...well Evelynn could but she was more in control due to being very well tied to her emotional spectrum. With Cloud she would literally bear a side of her soul to him in a way that only lovers would, hopefully he would agree to be her tether this year.

She shook her head and huffed as she tried to get comfortable in her bed. Hopefully her cousins meddling wouldn't hinder her progress. Sure she wanted him in an intimate way, but Seraphine made it clear that she had to try a different approach. She couldn't be a hammer, she had to be a scalpel and elegantly peel away his walls in order to get close.

She was sure she was close. He rarely pulled away when she touched him, he also didn't react as negatively as before when she would tease him in a seductive way. While he definitely wouldn't engage in anything intimate with her due to his relationship with Seraphine, it was slowly getting there and this festival would be the opportunity for her to confess her feelings for him.

*Sigh*

"Hopefully Sera can help with the whole sharing thing" Ahri stared at the ceiling and closed her eyes thinking of the great times she had with him.

She closed her eyes and hoped sleep would come to her soon. Nervousness was eating at her, what she would ask was basically marriage for a day as their souls would link for just that day.

"Dear Aurelion sol, please let luck be on my side tomorrow" She shut her eyes tightly and soon after succumbed to slumber.

Sunlight would hit her face as the rays peaked through the curtains in the guest room she was provided. She rubbed her eyes and stretched while still laying on her bed. She slowly sat up on the bed and blew a few strands of hair away from her face.

"Ugh, I hate mornings" She groaned.

She got up and walked to the bathroom connected to her room. She took a shower and started her skin care routine before finally brushing her teeth.

A scent hit her, she sniffed the air and her stomach grumbled.

"Either Kai or Sera are making breakfast and I'm definitely not going to miss it" she quickly exited her room and went downstairs towards the kitchen.

Just as she predicted it was Seraphine who was making breakfast. She was making pancakes which were Cloud's favorite morning food. If anyone spoiled their lover more than anyone, it was Seraphine.

"Ahri good morning!" Seraphine cheerfully greeted.

"Morning Sera, you making pancakes?" She asked.

"Yup, I asked everyone what they'd like and they decided on pancakes" She turned to look at the pan where she was making them. "In Cloud's case I'm making him chocolate chip pancakes"